    lots of graphic, drag, and postion...?

    how many questions in this exam? 45? or 35? or else?
    how musch time it will schedule? 135 mins or 95 mins or?

    Garnet, Jan 27, 2004

  2. Garnet

    James Martin Guest

    Hey Garnet,

    I took this a few weeks ago. Mine was 35 questions, 90 minutes, and I used
    almost all of the time just to get through it. Very longwinded questions,
    it didn't focus much on sims, but concepts. It's the hardest one I've taken
    so far, and I got my lowest (but still passing) score yet. There's a decent
    review here: http://mcpmag.com/reviews/exams/article.asp?EditorialsID=102
    This exam is in my opinion much harder than 70-290, you've got to know your
    networking concepts, and how they're implemented in 2003 (Sometimes as
    opposed to how they're implemented in 2000). At times I felt they weren't
    testing any of my knowledge, but whether I could deal with their silly test
    format on a tiny screen.

    James Martin, Jan 27, 2004

  3. Garnet

    Jason Streck Guest

    I would agree somewhat to what James said. I just took the exam this afternoon and passed, like James - barely. It was a lot of the dialog box/drag n drops with a small amount of radial button based questions. It was 35 questions and it gave 95 minutes. I got done with about 20 minutes left. Some questions were very long and took some time to read. It had a little of everything - DNS, DHCP, ISA, RRAS and WINS. I had some practice tests to study from and they really helped me out. I had also taken an MCSA bootcamp class that gave me some study guides and so forth. Not sure what else to tell you. You can email me if you have any other questions.
    Jason Streck

    Jason Streck, Jan 27, 2004
  4. Garnet

    Garnet Guest

    Hi James,

    I spent almost 3 weeks on learning these topics, but I'm
    still not so confident to take this exam.

    I appreciate Your sharing experience of msft 70-291.
    That's very useful. Actually I have read your message
    on 1/5 in this community. You are really good person.

    Plus, I have went through the link you have copy down,
    glad to read your message here.

    sincerely,
    Garnet

    Garnet, Jan 28, 2004
  5. Garnet

    Garnet Guest

    I appreciate it, Jason!

    I will send you emails if I get any questions pop-up,
    thank you in advance.

    Since I'm brand-new to MS-Windows Server 2003 with very
    little experience in Windows Server, got to focus on very
    details in concepts and implementation, right?

    wish you good luck on your any coming msft exam!

    Garnet, Jan 28, 2004