    direct box to box or soft phone connection.

    No connection with the company - just a well chuffed user.
    Cisco/Linksys/Sipura should look to their laurels.
    cybuerke, Nov 10, 2011

  2. cybuerke

    Dave Guest

    "cybuerke" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Has anyone else got around to using these together? <http://obihai.com>
    >
    > A box the size of a fag packet, but it knocks out some top quality sound.
    > A choice of 2 FXS or 1 FXO and 2 FXS ports plus its own in house direct
    > box to box or soft phone connection.
    >
    > No connection with the company - just a well chuffed user.
    > Cisco/Linksys/Sipura should look to their laurels.

    Is it locked to them or can it be used with any SIP provider ?
    Dave, Nov 10, 2011

  3. cybuerke

    cybuerke Guest

    On 10/11/11 13:03, Dave wrote:

    > "cybuerke" <> wrote in message
    >> Has anyone else got around to using these together? <http://obihai.com>
    >>
    >> A box the size of a fag packet, but it knocks out some top quality
    >> sound. A choice of 2 FXS or 1 FXO and 2 FXS ports plus its own in
    >> house direct box to box or soft phone connection.
    >>
    >> No connection with the company - just a well chuffed user.
    >> Cisco/Linksys/Sipura should look to their laurels.

    > Is it locked to them or can it be used with any SIP provider ?

    Any sip provider will be ok. Mine's attached to GoogleVoice and iptel,
    although it could be 2 Google accounts or 2 separate sip accounts.

    There's also a gizmo to configure extra voice gateways, but I haven't
    yet ventured down that path...
    cybuerke, Nov 10, 2011
  4. In article <>,
    cybuerke <> wrote:
    >Has anyone else got around to using these together? <http://obihai.com>
    >
    >A box the size of a fag packet, but it knocks out some top quality
    >sound. A choice of 2 FXS or 1 FXO and 2 FXS ports plus its own in house
    >direct box to box or soft phone connection.

    It's just an ATA. Nothing special, really. Why's it so good?

    >No connection with the company - just a well chuffed user.
    >Cisco/Linksys/Sipura should look to their laurels.

    Why? They do cheaper ATAs - why should they be concerend?

    e.g. Your one is 50 quid at amazon.co.uk, a Linksys/Cisco PAP2T ATA is under
    40 quid from other UK stores... What's the difference?

    Gordon
    Gordon Henderson, Nov 10, 2011
  5. cybuerke

    cybuerke Guest

    On 10/11/11 15:33, Gordon Henderson wrote:
    > In article<>,
    > cybuerke<> wrote:
    >> Has anyone else got around to using these together?<http://obihai.com>

    <snip>

    > It's just an ATA. Nothing special, really. Why's it so good?
    >
    >> No connection with the company - just a well chuffed user.
    >> Cisco/Linksys/Sipura should look to their laurels.

    > Why? They do cheaper ATAs - why should they be concerend?
    >
    > e.g. Your one is 50 quid at amazon.co.uk, a Linksys/Cisco PAP2T ATA is under
    > 40 quid from other UK stores... What's the difference?
    >
    > Gordon

    No, mine is the obi100 model, without the FXO port. £39 at amazon uk.
    The obi110 (with FXO) is £49 - both with free delivery.

    Like I say, the difference is the ability to connect with Google Voice,
    although I accept that not everyone needs that.

    Horses for courses, innit?
    cybuerke, Nov 10, 2011
  6. On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 15:53:49 +0000, cybuerke <> wrote:

    > Like I say, the difference is the ability to connect with Google Voice,
    > although I accept that not everyone needs that.

    Could you explain your Google Voice setup? For example, what number is
    presented you make an outgoing call and on what number - and from what VOIP
    provider if any - do you receive incoming calls? I am unaware that Google
    Voice delivers incoming calls elsewhere than to a NANP phone number, but
    maybe that changed since days of Grand Central when I last looked at this.
    Anthony R. Gold, Nov 11, 2011
  7. cybuerke

    cybuerke Guest

    On 11/11/11 09:56, Anthony R. Gold wrote:
    > On Thu, 10 Nov 2011 15:53:49 +0000, cybuerke<> wrote:
    >
    >> Like I say, the difference is the ability to connect with Google Voice,
    >> although I accept that not everyone needs that.

    > Could you explain your Google Voice setup? For example, what number is
    > presented you make an outgoing call and on what number - and from what VOIP
    > provider if any - do you receive incoming calls? I am unaware that Google
    > Voice delivers incoming calls elsewhere than to a NANP phone number, but
    > maybe that changed since days of Grand Central when I last looked at this.

    I have a North American number courtesy of Ipkall, which GV used to
    validate my signup request. GV then presented a choice of available US
    numbers to use for their service.

    Best have a look at this blog - a little out of date, but gives the
    essentials. (I've used < > tags, but beware of word wrap.)

    <http://michigantelephone.wordpress.com/2011/01/22/review-of-the-obihai-obi110-voip-device-part-1-use-your-phone-with-google-voice-for-free-incoming-and-outgoing-calls/>
    cybuerke, Nov 11, 2011