    the router yet so don't know whether the firmware locks off voip.

    Any info gratefully received.

    --

    Herman, Jan 22, 2008

  2. Herman

    alexd Guest

    On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 23:02:10 +0000, Herman wrote:

    > Anyone know anything about the wireless ADSL router that O2 send out on
    > their broadband package. It is a rebadged Thomson, but I'm just trying
    > to find out if I can (or would want to) make use of its voip capability.
    > It has 2 phone ports on the back plus POTS.
    >
    > Can't find any info on the Thomson website. I also haven't tried to
    > access the router yet so don't know whether the firmware locks off voip.

    The Be version doesn't lock down the VoIP, although I've never managed to
    get it working in my setup [SIP proxy on LAN not WAN, BeBox bridged not
    routed].

    > Any info gratefully received.

    Is it a Speedtouch 780WL? That's what I have from Be. There's lots of
    info on it in the Be forums, but unfortunately you probably won't be able
    to see any of it. This forum has quite a bit of info in it too:

    http://www.beforum.co.uk/forum/default.aspx?f=5

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    14:08:15 up 18 days, 4:33, 2 users, load average: 1.04, 1.08, 1.13

    alexd, Jan 23, 2008

  3. Herman

    Guest

    On 23 Jan 2008 14:14:21 GMT, alexd <> wrote:

    >The Be version doesn't lock down the VoIP, although I've never managed to
    >get it working in my setup [SIP proxy on LAN not WAN, BeBox bridged not
    >routed].

    BE no longer supply the speedtouch with VOIP ports

    >Is it a Speedtouch 780WL? That's what I have from Be. There's lots of
    >info on it in the Be forums, but unfortunately you probably won't be able
    >to see any of it. This forum has quite a bit of info in it too:

    O2 do supply the 780 but ports are locked down plus speed is crap from
    both BE and O2 around here I was only getting 4.1 from BE and only
    slightly more from O2 now getting 7.5 from IDNET .

    , Jan 23, 2008
  4. Herman

    alexd Guest

    On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 17:48:13 +0000, rick wrote:

    > BE no longer supply the speedtouch with VOIP ports

    > O2 do supply the 780 but ports are locked down

    If the config is missing from the web interface, you could probably get
    the VoIP back by putting the Be firmware on it :)

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    19:13:00 up 18 days, 9:38, 2 users, load average: 1.06, 1.12, 1.09

    alexd, Jan 23, 2008
  5. Herman

    Guest

    On 23 Jan 2008 19:14:06 GMT, alexd <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 17:48:13 +0000, rick wrote:
    >
    >> BE no longer supply the speedtouch with VOIP ports

    >> O2 do supply the 780 but ports are locked down

    >If the config is missing from the web interface, you could probably get
    >the VoIP back by putting the Be firmware on it :)

    Having given both of them ago and found them both lacking concerning
    speed issues , on the recommendation of a guy I know personally I have
    migrated to IDnet . Been with them a week now and so far I just cannot
    fault them although not ADSL 2 I am more than happy with the 7.5 Mb I
    am getting constantly from them .

    , Jan 23, 2008
  6. Herman

    alexd Guest

    On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 20:12:03 +0000, rick wrote:

    > Having given both of them ago and found them both lacking concerning
    > speed issues , on the recommendation of a guy I know personally I have
    > migrated to IDnet . Been with them a week now and so far I just cannot
    > fault them although not ADSL 2 I am more than happy with the 7.5 Mb I am
    > getting constantly from them .

    You've said that twice now and I still don't know what it's got to do
    with the topic.

    --
    <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    21:49:56 up 18 days, 12:15, 2 users, load average: 1.24, 1.36, 1.31

    alexd, Jan 23, 2008
  7. Herman

    Herman Guest

    "alexd" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 23 Jan 2008 17:48:13 +0000, rick wrote:
    >
    >> BE no longer supply the speedtouch with VOIP ports

    >> O2 do supply the 780 but ports are locked down

    > If the config is missing from the web interface, you could probably get
    > the VoIP back by putting the Be firmware on it :)
    >
    > --
    > <http://ale.cx/> (AIM:troffasky) ()
    > 19:13:00 up 18 days, 9:38, 2 users, load average: 1.06, 1.12, 1.09
    > 2x Broadband/IT/Telecoms support positions in Newcastle city centre.
    > For more info call 0191 229 8870 and ask for Steve. No agencies.

    In case it is of any use, I have managed to get VoIP working with the O2
    branded speedtouch 780.

    You basically need to log on as:
    user: SuperUser
    password: O2Br0ad64nd

    Obviously there is some config in this that is not designed for end users
    (be careful!), but I have now got the box registered to voip.co.uk.

    I will eventually try calls, but there is a spot of rewiring I need to do
    before I do that.

    So no need to update firmware ;-)

    with thanks to http://www.dontbethere.co.uk/forum/default.aspx?f=12&m=17416

    Herman, Jan 25, 2008