    help - please top up first".

    Any ideas about sms1.tv ?

    TIA

    gamma, Aug 18, 2009

  2. gamma

    Richard Guest

    gamma wrote:
    > I have a vodafone cellphone which I almost never use and never give
    > out the number. I recently started receiving texts from sms1.tv
    > something or other, which I never heard of, and now I found my pre-pay
    > credit has fallen from $30 or something, to 99 cents. From googling
    > sms1.tv I found that someone else got charged $4 every time sms1.tv
    > sent them a text. I suspect these unsolicited sms1.tv texts have been
    > charging me $4 per text. Nobody has my cell phone number so how can I
    > get charged $4 per text for something I never heard of and how can I
    > found out where all the credit on my cellphone has gone. Ringing
    > vodafone help line I get told "you don't have enough credit to get
    > help - please top up first".
    >
    > Any ideas about sms1.tv ?

    Call their Auckland number and ask to speak to someone about their
    ongoing fraud and that you are giving them a chance to sort it out
    before taking it further. That will get you a well spoken kiwi.

    Jump onto geekzone and read thru the vodafone forums and post there,
    there are a couple of vodafone reps that seem to make magic happen with
    these problems.

    Richard, Aug 18, 2009

  3. gamma

    thingy Guest

    On Aug 18, 10:43 pm, gamma <> wrote:
    > I have a vodafone cellphone which I almost never use and never give
    > out the number.  I recently started receiving texts from sms1.tv
    > something or other, which I never heard of, and now I found my pre-pay
    > credit has fallen from $30 or something, to 99 cents.  From googling
    > sms1.tv I found that someone else got charged $4 every time sms1.tv
    > sent them a text.  I suspect these unsolicited sms1.tv texts have been
    > charging me $4 per text.  Nobody has my cell phone number so how can I
    > get charged $4 per text for something I never heard of and how can I
    > found out where all the credit on my cellphone has gone.  Ringing
    > vodafone help line I get told "you don't have enough credit to get
    > help - please top up first".
    >
    > Any ideas about sms1.tv ?
    >
    > TIA

    Contact Centre - You can call our Contact Centre on 777 from your
    mobile, or 0800 800 021 free from any landline

    https://www.vodafone.co.nz/help/complaints/index.jsp#

    regards

    Thing

    thingy, Aug 18, 2009
  4. gamma

    gamma Guest

    On Aug 19, 7:17 am, thingy <> wrote:
    > On Aug 18, 10:43 pm, gamma <> wrote:
    >
    > > I have a vodafone cellphone which I almost never use and never give
    > > out the number.  I recently started receiving texts from sms1.tv
    > > something or other, which I never heard of, and now I found my pre-pay
    > > credit has fallen from $30 or something, to 99 cents.  From googling
    > > sms1.tv I found that someone else got charged $4 every time sms1.tv
    > > sent them a text.  I suspect these unsolicited sms1.tv texts have been
    > > charging me $4 per text.  Nobody has my cell phone number so how can I
    > > get charged $4 per text for something I never heard of and how can I
    > > found out where all the credit on my cellphone has gone.  Ringing
    > > vodafone help line I get told "you don't have enough credit to get
    > > help - please top up first".

    > > Any ideas about sms1.tv ?

    > > TIA

    > Contact Centre - You can call our Contact Centre on 777 from your
    > mobile, or 0800 800 021 free from any landline
    >
    > https://www.vodafone.co.nz/help/complaints/index.jsp#
    >
    > regards
    >
    > Thing

    I talked to a vodafone person who told me my cell phone number had two
    services on it and gave me an 0800 number to ring up and get the
    service cancelled. I asked her how I could get charged for a service
    I never heard of and she said it's not vodafone's fault coz they're
    just a "link".

    I rang the 0800 number and it was the sms1.tv people with ringtones
    and wallpapers and they told me the service had been active since
    2006. Since I only got the cell phone number in 2009 he said to call
    vodafone and complain that they had given me a cell phone number with
    someone else's services on it.

    I called vodafone back and they refunded me the money! I still don't
    know what the service I got charged for was and I'm angry that
    vodafone can pass on my money for something I never asked for.

    I'm also annoyed that vodafone's answer service told me I couldn't
    speak to a customer service representative because there wasn't any
    money in my account.

    gamma, Aug 19, 2009
  5. gamma

    Woger Guest

    On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 03:43:37 -0700 (PDT), gamma <>
    wrote:

    >I have a vodafone cellphone which I almost never use and never give
    >out the number. I recently started receiving texts from sms1.tv
    >something or other, which I never heard of, and now I found my pre-pay
    >credit has fallen from $30 or something, to 99 cents. From googling
    >sms1.tv I found that someone else got charged $4 every time sms1.tv
    >sent them a text. I suspect these unsolicited sms1.tv texts have been
    >charging me $4 per text. Nobody has my cell phone number so how can I
    >get charged $4 per text for something I never heard of and how can I
    >found out where all the credit on my cellphone has gone. Ringing
    >vodafone help line I get told "you don't have enough credit to get
    >help - please top up first".
    >
    >Any ideas about sms1.tv ?
    >
    >TIA

    No matter what it is there is NO FREE HELP..

    Woger, Aug 19, 2009
  6. gamma

    Woger Guest

    On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 16:38:55 -0700 (PDT), gamma <>
    wrote:

    >On Aug 19, 7:17 am, thingy <> wrote:
    >> On Aug 18, 10:43 pm, gamma <> wrote:
    >>
    >> > I have a vodafone cellphone which I almost never use and never give
    >> > out the number.  I recently started receiving texts from sms1.tv
    >> > something or other, which I never heard of, and now I found my pre-pay
    >> > credit has fallen from $30 or something, to 99 cents.  From googling
    >> > sms1.tv I found that someone else got charged $4 every time sms1.tv
    >> > sent them a text.  I suspect these unsolicited sms1.tv texts have been
    >> > charging me $4 per text.  Nobody has my cell phone number so how can I
    >> > get charged $4 per text for something I never heard of and how can I
    >> > found out where all the credit on my cellphone has gone.  Ringing
    >> > vodafone help line I get told "you don't have enough credit to get
    >> > help - please top up first".

    >> > Any ideas about sms1.tv ?

    >> > TIA

    >> Contact Centre - You can call our Contact Centre on 777 from your
    >> mobile, or 0800 800 021 free from any landline
    >>
    >> https://www.vodafone.co.nz/help/complaints/index.jsp#
    >>
    >> regards
    >>
    >> Thing

    >I talked to a vodafone person who told me my cell phone number had two
    >services on it and gave me an 0800 number to ring up and get the
    >service cancelled. I asked her how I could get charged for a service
    >I never heard of and she said it's not vodafone's fault coz they're
    >just a "link".
    >
    >I rang the 0800 number and it was the sms1.tv people with ringtones
    >and wallpapers and they told me the service had been active since
    >2006. Since I only got the cell phone number in 2009 he said to call
    >vodafone and complain that they had given me a cell phone number with
    >someone else's services on it.
    >
    >I called vodafone back and they refunded me the money! I still don't
    >know what the service I got charged for was and I'm angry that
    >vodafone can pass on my money for something I never asked for.
    >
    >I'm also annoyed that vodafone's answer service told me I couldn't
    >speak to a customer service representative because there wasn't any
    >money in my account.

    Yes you have to pay $1 per call.

    Woger, Aug 19, 2009