    can it be fixed etc..

    Cheers;

    Greg
    GregG, Aug 25, 2004

  2. GregG

    David Z Guest

    If you are in the UK, your PS2 will only play PAL DVDs.

    David Z, Aug 25, 2004

  3. GregG

    Brian Guest

    (GregG) wrote:

    >Hey.
    >
    >I just got some dvds from an american company, and when i put them in
    >the PS2, they load, but its in black and white.
    >
    >Do you experyts know what this means, is it to do with the regions,
    >can it be fixed etc..
    >

    >Cheers;
    >
    >Greg

    With the drop in price of DVD players you'd be better to buy a DVD
    player to play your movies.

    Regards Brian
    Brian, Aug 25, 2004
  4. GregG

    Cernovog Guest

    On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 8:14:10 -0400, Brian wrote
    (in message <>):

    > With the drop in price of DVD players you'd be better to buy a DVD
    > player to play your movies.

    Even though the PS2 is advertised as a DVD player, the motor in it really
    isn't designed for the work it needs to do to play movies. If you use it for
    movies often, the motor tends to burn out.

    Your best bet is to buy an actual DVD player or at least get the extended
    warranty on your PS2.

    Your B&W problem is either related to the PAL to NTSC conversion problem or
    possibly a macrovision problem.
    Cernovog, Aug 25, 2004
  5. On 25 Aug 2004 01:49:00 -0700, (GregG) wrote:

    >Hey.
    >
    >I just got some dvds from an american company, and when i put them in
    >the PS2, they load, but its in black and white.
    >
    >Do you experyts know what this means, is it to do with the regions,
    >can it be fixed etc..
    >

    >Cheers;
    >
    >Greg

    My best guess: you're playing NTSC on a PAL TV, and your TV can not
    handle it. See if your TV has a multi-system setting, or try to force
    it in NTSC mode. I fthe TV supports it, of course.

    Mischa
    Mischa van Dinter, Aug 25, 2004
  6. GregG

    Biz Guest

    A UK (PAL) PS2 wont play NTSC dvds correctly.

    Biz, Aug 25, 2004