    I currently using O&O 8.6. As O&O has the ability to sort by Name/
    Access/Modified, is it really worth me switching?
    Any opinions appreciated,

    Paul, Apr 1, 2007

  2. Paul

    Guest

    On Apr 1, 4:00 am, "Paul" <> wrote:
    > Hi everyone,
    >
    > I'm not looking to start another Diskeeper vs.Perfectdiskdiscussion
    > (there seem to be enough of those already), but I was wondering if
    > anyone had had any experience using either of these as well as O&O?
    > In all the threads I've read, there seems to be a lot of comments
    > about I-FAAST in Diskeeper reorgansing files based on how often
    > they're used, andPerfectdiskusing Smartplacement to do the same
    > thing.
    > I currently using O&O 8.6. As O&O has the ability to sort by Name/
    > Access/Modified, is it really worth me switching?
    > Any opinions appreciated,

    I-FAAST sequences files for faster access. The claim of Smart
    Placement is to slow re-fragmentation and increase the speed of
    future defrag passes - not to speed up file access.

    O&O file placement strategies have varying purposes- per their
    marketing. You can read about it in their help files.

    As for the value (performance wise) of sorting data on a disk
    alphabetically or by other criteria other than access sequence, that's
    another story.

    - Michael
    PS: I work for Diskeeper.

    , Apr 7, 2007