    location.The internet works fine on both computers.

    Thank you,
    Rick
    =?Utf-8?B?Umljaw==?=, Dec 23, 2004

  2. www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm

    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Dec 23, 2004

  3. Carey,
    Thank you for the reply,I'll give it a shot !

    Rick

    =?Utf-8?B?Umljaw==?=, Dec 23, 2004
  4. Carey,I made the changes as your website specifies.What should I do next to
    set up my network,should I run the set up wizard? As stated in my subject
    line,I'm a novice!

    Thank you,
    Rick

    =?Utf-8?B?Umljaw==?=, Dec 23, 2004
  5. After following the setup, you're all done. You should able to access the
    Internet on both machines (assuming you have them hooked up to a router) and
    pick the things you want to share.

    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Dec 23, 2004
  6. Carey,my desktop shows my laptop in (my network places) but when I try to
    access it I get a message "The network path was not found.I am not able to
    view my desktop from my laptop (my network places) and they are both on the
    same workgroup and have different names.Help!

    Rick

    =?Utf-8?B?Umljaw==?=, Dec 23, 2004
  7. What are you sharing on the laptop?

    Is XP running on both PCs? What version of XP is running, Home or Pro, on
    each PC?

    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Dec 24, 2004
  8. Carey,I got creative and disabled my Zonealarm and my desktop appeared !!
    I've been playing ever since,this is pretty cool!
    I really appreciate you getting back to me on this,if I hadn't figured it
    out I know you would have.You're a great resource,thank you very much!

    Sincerely,
    Rick

    =?Utf-8?B?Umljaw==?=, Dec 24, 2004
  9. You must not have followed the very first thing my instructions say on the
    very first reply I sent to you (ie: www.careyholzman.com/net1.htm)

    Glad to hear you got it figured out, just the same.

    Carey

    Carey Holzman, Dec 24, 2004