    If I do so, will all my 'old emails' be deleted?

    TIA for any assistance!

    Cath
    texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom.., Nov 8, 2006

  2. texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom..

    Cima Guest

    On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 18:49:28 -0600,
    texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom.. wrote:

    >My isp has at my request, issued me a new email address due to the
    >amount of spam now being received.
    >
    >I use Outlook Express for my personal use for family and very close
    >friends only.
    >
    >How do I go about setting up the new address without destroying my
    >present address as I need to keep the old one going for a few days
    >before destroying it.
    >
    >If I do so, will all my 'old emails' be deleted?
    >
    >TIA for any assistance!

    If you create a new account (Tools, Accounts ->New), it should have all the
    current settings (Display name, email address, servers, etc) pre-filled in. Just
    change the email address to your new one, and both accounts will work. Deleting
    the old account won't nuke your old messages.
    Cima, Nov 8, 2006

  3. texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom..

    Fred Dagg Guest

    On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 18:49:28 -0600,
    texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom.. exclaimed:

    >My isp has at my request, issued me a new email address due to the
    >amount of spam now being received.
    >
    >I use Outlook Express for my personal use for family and very close
    >friends only.
    >
    >How do I go about setting up the new address without destroying my
    >present address as I need to keep the old one going for a few days
    >before destroying it.
    >
    >If I do so, will all my 'old emails' be deleted?
    >
    >TIA for any assistance!
    >
    >Cath

    Just set up a new connection:

    1. Go to Tools --> Accounts.
    2. Select your existing account, and choose "Properties".
    3. Click on the "Servers" tab at the top.
    4. Write down the details entered for:
    a. incoming mail (POP3)
    b. outgoing mail (SMTP)
    5. click Cancel
    6. Choose "Add..." --> Mail (at the left)
    7. Enter your name in "Display Name". This will be what people see
    when they receive an email from you.
    8. Click "Next"
    9. Enter your new email address, then next.
    10. Make sure "POP3" is selected at the top, then enter the POP3 and
    SMTP server details you wrote down in Step 4.
    11. Enter the account name (usually everything before the "@" sign in
    your email, unless your ISP advised differently)
    12. Enter your new password, and ensure that "Remember password" is
    checked.
    13. click "Finish"
    14. Ensure that the new account is selected, and click "Set as
    Default" at the right
    15. Click "Close"

    And you're done!

    It's a good idea to send an email to yourself as a test.

    When you're ready, go back to Tools --> Accounts, select the old
    account, and click "Remove" at the right when you are ready to delete
    it.

    Let me know how you get on.
    Fred Dagg, Nov 8, 2006
  4. On Wed, 08 Nov 2006 19:14:04 +1300, Fred Dagg <>
    wrote:

    >On Tue, 07 Nov 2006 18:49:28 -0600,
    >texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom.. exclaimed:
    >
    >>My isp has at my request, issued me a new email address due to the
    >>amount of spam now being received.
    >>
    >>I use Outlook Express for my personal use for family and very close
    >>friends only.
    >>
    >>How do I go about setting up the new address without destroying my
    >>present address as I need to keep the old one going for a few days
    >>before destroying it.
    >>
    >>If I do so, will all my 'old emails' be deleted?
    >>
    >>TIA for any assistance!
    >>
    >>Cath

    >Just set up a new connection:
    >
    >1. Go to Tools --> Accounts.
    >2. Select your existing account, and choose "Properties".
    >3. Click on the "Servers" tab at the top.
    >4. Write down the details entered for:
    > a. incoming mail (POP3)
    > b. outgoing mail (SMTP)
    >5. click Cancel
    >6. Choose "Add..." --> Mail (at the left)
    >7. Enter your name in "Display Name". This will be what people see
    >when they receive an email from you.
    >8. Click "Next"
    >9. Enter your new email address, then next.
    >10. Make sure "POP3" is selected at the top, then enter the POP3 and
    >SMTP server details you wrote down in Step 4.
    >11. Enter the account name (usually everything before the "@" sign in
    >your email, unless your ISP advised differently)
    >12. Enter your new password, and ensure that "Remember password" is
    >checked.
    >13. click "Finish"
    >14. Ensure that the new account is selected, and click "Set as
    >Default" at the right
    >15. Click "Close"
    >
    >And you're done!
    >
    >It's a good idea to send an email to yourself as a test.
    >
    >When you're ready, go back to Tools --> Accounts, select the old
    >account, and click "Remove" at the right when you are ready to delete
    >it.
    >
    >Let me know how you get on.

    Thank you Cima and Fred!
    Got it done ok and are receiving most emails.
    No emails lost from folders :))

    The **only** problem:
    I cannot for the life of me however get eBay's emails sent to my new
    address - so far I have 9 sent and nada has arrived.
    I have gone to my isp's webmail and checked there but nada shows up.

    eBay live help - I am sure I was 'talking to a computer'... they gave
    me the same page link that I had been using.

    Sent their tech side an email and was told same link - and if still
    not working to go change my email address again - *** wankers.....
    And judging by the lingo, quite certain they are located in India or
    thereabouts...

    I haven't had a chance to call my isp's tech centre but will do so on
    Monday.

    Thanks again for your help!

    Cath
    texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom.., Nov 11, 2006
  5. On Sat, 11 Nov 2006 00:12:35 -0600,
    texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom.. wrote:
    [msge snipped]

    >The **only** problem:
    >I cannot for the life of me however get eBay's emails sent to my new
    >address - so far I have 9 sent and nada has arrived.
    >I have gone to my isp's webmail and checked there but nada shows up.
    >
    >eBay live help - I am sure I was 'talking to a computer'... they gave
    >me the same page link that I had been using.
    >
    >Sent their tech side an email and was told same link - and if still
    >not working to go change my email address again - *** wankers.....
    >And judging by the lingo, quite certain they are located in India or
    >thereabouts...
    >
    >I haven't had a chance to call my isp's tech centre but will do so on
    >Monday.
    >Thanks again for your help!
    >Cath

    Yeah! FINALLY this morning, I received an email from eBay with the
    necessary link to complete the change which I have now done.
    Obviously it was eBay's system that was screwed up!

    Thanks again!

    CAth
    texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom.., Nov 11, 2006