    I save addresses in my address book in outlook express 6 then after I have
    closed down the computer and reboot they have all gone ...any ideas?

    Cliff

    cliff, Sep 8, 2003

  2. cliff

    trout Guest

    cliff wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I save addresses in my address book in outlook express 6 then after I
    > have closed down the computer and reboot they have all gone ...any
    > ideas?
    >
    > Cliff

    Since this is your third attempt with this problem; I suppose you
    need to supply a bit more information.
    As always: What is your Operating System?
    Do you have more than one "identity" in OE?
    Do you have (for whatever reason) more than one address book installed
    (do a 'find' for *.wab files)?
    --
    "Maybe the third time will be the charm."

    trout, Sep 8, 2003

  3. cliff

    cliff Guest

    right I'm running windows me and have two accounts both blueyonder and my
    search only brought up the one yet again empty address book. Any help please

    cliff, Sep 9, 2003
  4. cliff

    trout Guest

    cliff wrote:

    > right I'm running windows me and have two accounts both blueyonder
    > and my search only brought up the one yet again empty address book.
    > Any help please

    Any chance you've tucked them into a group or subfolder?
    (In the address book) click on View, and check Folders and Groups.
    --
    "Likely not that simple, but it's my bedtime, 'here'."

    trout, Sep 9, 2003
  5. cliff

    cliff Guest

    no not there but thanx for suggestion

    cliff, Sep 9, 2003
  6. cliff

    trout Guest

    cliff wrote:

    > no not there but thanx for suggestion

    I don't know what else to suggest; other than to try a "repair" of
    IE/OE. If you'd like to try; double click "Microsoft Internet
    Explorer..." in Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel, and select
    Repair.

    trout, Sep 10, 2003