    capabilities for decades, and mean that all mobile calls and texts,
    email, internet surfing and online shopping, chatting and social
    networking can be monitored anywhere in New Zealand. "

    Ted, Jan 2, 2010

  2. Ted

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Ted wrote:
    > http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/3203448/NZs-cyber-spies-win-new-powers
    >
    > "New cyber-monitoring measures have been quietly introduced giving
    > police and Security Intelligence Service officers the power to
    > monitor all aspects of someone's online life.
    >
    > "The measures are the largest expansion of police and SIS surveillance
    > capabilities for decades, and mean that all mobile calls and texts,
    > email, internet surfing and online shopping, chatting and social
    > networking can be monitored anywhere in New Zealand. "

    Damn! I'm going to have to be a lot more careful about how I obtain my bomb
    ingredients now. At least I've got the truck and the diesel already......

    Anyone notice that diesel starts with die?
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Jan 2, 2010

  3. Ted

    Trueone Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > Somewhere on teh intarwebs Ted wrote:
    >> http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/3203448/NZs-cyber-spies-win-new-powers
    >>
    >> "New cyber-monitoring measures have been quietly introduced giving
    >> police and Security Intelligence Service officers the power to
    >> monitor all aspects of someone's online life.
    >>
    >> "The measures are the largest expansion of police and SIS surveillance
    >> capabilities for decades, and mean that all mobile calls and texts,
    >> email, internet surfing and online shopping, chatting and social
    >> networking can be monitored anywhere in New Zealand. "

    > Damn! I'm going to have to be a lot more careful about how I obtain my
    > bomb ingredients now. At least I've got the truck and the diesel
    > already......
    >
    > Anyone notice that diesel starts with die?
    > --
    > Shaun.
    >
    > "Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's
    > warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchet, 'Jingo'.

    And I have the fertiliser waiting for you

    Trueone, Jan 3, 2010
  4. Ted

    Simon Guest

    On Jan 3, 12:39 pm, Ted <> wrote:
    > http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/3203448/NZs-cyber-spies-win-new-powers
    >
    >  "New cyber-monitoring measures have been quietly introduced giving
    > police and Security Intelligence Service  officers the power to
    > monitor all aspects of someone's online life.
    >
    > "The measures are the largest expansion of police and SIS surveillance
    > capabilities for decades, and mean that all mobile calls and texts,
    > email, internet surfing and online shopping, chatting and social
    > networking can be monitored anywhere in New Zealand. "

    At least here in NZ, they still require warrants. Although I wonder
    how long it will be before special powers are requested by the SIS.

    Simon, Jan 3, 2010
  5. Ted

    J.Wilson Guest

    "Simon" <> wrote in message
    On Jan 3, 12:39 pm, Ted <> wrote:
    > http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/3203448/NZs-cyber-spies-win-new-powers
    >
    > "New cyber-monitoring measures have been quietly introduced giving
    > police and Security Intelligence Service officers the power to
    > monitor all aspects of someone's online life.
    >
    > "The measures are the largest expansion of police and SIS surveillance
    > capabilities for decades, and mean that all mobile calls and texts,
    > email, internet surfing and online shopping, chatting and social
    > networking can be monitored anywhere in New Zealand. "

    At least here in NZ, they still require warrants. Although I wonder
    how long it will be before special powers are requested by the SIS.

    Why bother. They've got echelon, or they could just ask google.

    J.Wilson, Jan 3, 2010
  6. Ted

    Simon Guest

    On Jan 4, 10:04 am, "J.Wilson" <> wrote:

    > Why bother. They've got echelon, or they could just ask google.

    What do mean mean? Why bother gaining the powers, or forcing them to
    still gain a warrant to obtain the information?

    Simon, Jan 3, 2010
  7. Ted

    Roger_Nickel Guest

    On Sun, 03 Jan 2010 14:27:05 -0800, Simon wrote:

    > On Jan 4, 10:04 am, "J.Wilson" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Why bother. They've got echelon, or they could just ask google.

    > What do mean mean? Why bother gaining the powers, or forcing them to
    > still gain a warrant to obtain the information?

    An interception warrant means that the intercepted information can be
    used in court in criminal prosecutions. Conditions are in the Crimes Act.
    Only evidence specified in the warrant to be collected. No fishing trips.
    ISP's are prohibited from holding customer information longer than
    necessary for "network operation purposes".

    Roger_Nickel, Jan 5, 2010
  8. Ted

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs Trueone wrote:
    > "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Ted wrote:
    >>> http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/3203448/NZs-cyber-spies-win-new-powers
    >>>
    >>> "New cyber-monitoring measures have been quietly introduced giving
    >>> police and Security Intelligence Service officers the power to
    >>> monitor all aspects of someone's online life.
    >>>
    >>> "The measures are the largest expansion of police and SIS
    >>> surveillance capabilities for decades, and mean that all mobile
    >>> calls and texts, email, internet surfing and online shopping,
    >>> chatting and social networking can be monitored anywhere in New
    >>> Zealand. "

    >> Damn! I'm going to have to be a lot more careful about how I obtain
    >> my bomb ingredients now. At least I've got the truck and the diesel
    >> already......
    >>
    >> Anyone notice that diesel starts with die?

    > And I have the fertiliser waiting for you

    Thanks. The usual place?
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Jan 5, 2010
  9. Ted

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Somewhere on teh intarwebs geoff wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> Somewhere on teh intarwebs Ted wrote:
    >>> http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/3203448/NZs-cyber-spies-win-new-powers
    >>>
    >>> "New cyber-monitoring measures have been quietly introduced giving
    >>> police and Security Intelligence Service officers the power to
    >>> monitor all aspects of someone's online life.
    >>>
    >>> "The measures are the largest expansion of police and SIS
    >>> surveillance capabilities for decades, and mean that all mobile
    >>> calls and texts, email, internet surfing and online shopping,
    >>> chatting and social networking can be monitored anywhere in New
    >>> Zealand. "

    >> Damn! I'm going to have to be a lot more careful about how I obtain
    >> my bomb ingredients now. At least I've got the truck and the diesel
    >> already......
    >> Anyone notice that diesel starts with die?

    > hey, did you get that encrypted bomb recipe from Larry D'Loser.
    > Fortunately his Loonix has zillion-bit encryption so they won't be
    > able to bust him.

    Unfortunately <?> I don't see Larry's posts. Was his bomb better than the
    average? I want maximum bang for my buck.

    TTFN,
    --
    Shaun.

    ~misfit~, Jan 5, 2010