NZOSS Announces Linux Installfest

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Cheetah, Oct 22, 2004.

  1. Cheetah

    Cheetah Guest

    The New Zealand Linux Users Group will be holding a Linux Installfest on
    Sunday 31st October at the AUT Conference Rooms off Mayoral Drive,
    Auckland CBD. At the Installfest, members of the public have the
    opportunity to install the Linux operating system on their computers under
    the guidance of experienced linux users and enthusiasts.

    For many it will be possible to install Linux while still retaining
    Windows. For others this is the opportunity to 'dive in with both feet' and
    replace their current desktop environment.

    The NZLUG will be making available copies of a variety of Linux
    Distributions, including SuSE in both its free and professional
    variations, as well as debian and the Knoppix derivative - a
    CD-Bootable distribution that does not require any installation or
    configuration on almost all hardware platforms.

    We would also like to invite any interested linux enthusiasts to
    take the opportunityto meet with us. Its an opportunity to find out
    more about the NZLUG and NZOSS, and ask us questions about Linux and OSS.

    The Installfest is supported by the New Zealand Open Source Society,
    Novell, Asterisk, Dick Smith Electronics, AUT and Helix Wireless.

    For further details, or to register for this event, please refer to
    http://installfest.linux.net.nz.

    The NZLUG, with its core membership based in Auckland, has been running as
    a website and mailing list since 1998. It has regular monthly meetings
    with guest speakers on a variety of topics, usually Linux or
    Linux-Related. New members are always welcome.

    Cheetah, Oct 22, 2004

  2. Cheetah

    Geronimo Guest

    On Fri, 22 Oct 2004 19:13:15 +1300, Cheetah <> wrote:

    >The New Zealand Linux Users Group will be holding a Linux Installfest on
    >Sunday 31st October at the AUT Conference Rooms off Mayoral Drive,
    >Auckland CBD. At the Installfest, members of the public have the
    >opportunity to install the Linux operating system on their computers under
    >the guidance of experienced linux users and enthusiasts.
    >
    >For many it will be possible to install Linux while still retaining
    >Windows. For others this is the opportunity to 'dive in with both feet' and
    >replace their current desktop environment.
    >
    >The NZLUG will be making available copies of a variety of Linux
    >Distributions, including SuSE in both its free and professional
    >variations, as well as debian and the Knoppix derivative - a
    >CD-Bootable distribution that does not require any installation or
    >configuration on almost all hardware platforms.
    >
    >We would also like to invite any interested linux enthusiasts to
    >take the opportunityto meet with us. Its an opportunity to find out
    >more about the NZLUG and NZOSS, and ask us questions about Linux and OSS.
    >
    >The Installfest is supported by the New Zealand Open Source Society,
    >Novell, Asterisk, Dick Smith Electronics, AUT and Helix Wireless.
    >
    >For further details, or to register for this event, please refer to
    >http://installfest.linux.net.nz.
    >
    >The NZLUG, with its core membership based in Auckland, has been running as
    >a website and mailing list since 1998. It has regular monthly meetings
    >with guest speakers on a variety of topics, usually Linux or
    >Linux-Related. New members are always welcome.

    How Boring..

    Geronimo, Oct 22, 2004

  3. Cheetah

    Enkidu Guest

    Correction: NZLUG Announces Linux Installfest (was Re: NZOSS Announces Linux Installfest)

    Enkidu, Oct 22, 2004
  4. Cheetah

    Cheetah Guest

    Geronimo wrote:

    > How Boring..

    Sorry. Perhaps you would prefer something more... entertaining.

    Cheetah, Oct 22, 2004
  5. Cheetah wrote:
    >>How Boring..

    > Sorry. Perhaps you would prefer something more... entertaining.

    although I dont think it is how Roger intended it, I find
    installing/re-installing operating systems to be quite boring aswell.

    --
    Dave.net.nz
    reply addy is e

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Oct 22, 2004