    bodger Guest

    I'm developing a website at the moment. Are there any examples of NZ
    websites that are used alot internationally?
    bodger, Sep 9, 2007

  2. bodger

    Dave Taylor Guest

    "bodger" <> wrote in news:1189299326.563541@ftpsrv1:

    > I'm developing a website at the moment. Are there any examples of NZ
    > websites that are used alot internationally?

    Major Newspapers and job sites would probably be a good start. and
    ..govt.nz sites too, like this one:
    http://www.immigration.govt.nz/

    --
    Ciao, Dave
    Dave Taylor, Sep 9, 2007

  3. bodger

    bodger Guest

    "Dave Taylor" <> wrote in message
    > "bodger" <> wrote in

    > > I'm developing a website at the moment. Are there any examples of NZ
    > > websites that are used alot internationally?

    > Major Newspapers and job sites would probably be a good start. and
    > .govt.nz sites too, like this one:
    > http://www.immigration.govt.nz/
    >
    > --

    Thanks for that. I was thinking more of a nz site that has built a large
    base of users internationally like a search engine (google) or a community
    (myspace)
    bodger, Sep 9, 2007
  4. bodger

    Donchano Guest

    On Sun, 9 Sep 2007 12:59:22 +1200, "bodger" <>
    magnanimously proffered:

    http://www.trademe.co.nz
    Donchano, Sep 9, 2007

  5. > Thanks for that. I was thinking more of a nz site that has built a large
    > base of users internationally like a search engine (google) or a community
    > (myspace)

    It might be helpful on why you are asking these question?

    Thanks
    Craig Whitmore, Sep 9, 2007
  6. bodger

    bodger Guest

    "Craig Whitmore" <> wrote in message

    > > Thanks for that. I was thinking more of a nz site that has built a large
    > > base of users internationally like a search engine (google) or a

    community
    > > (myspace)
    > >

    > It might be helpful on why you are asking these question?

    I'm really trying to find out how some websites get widespread usage,
    without major advertising, while others never get picked up. If someone
    locally has done this I'd like to talk to them.
    bodger, Sep 9, 2007
  7. bodger

    none Guest

    bodger wrote:
    > I'm really trying to find out how some websites get widespread usage,
    > without major advertising, while others never get picked up. If someone
    > locally has done this I'd like to talk to them.

    Ones that are useful, novel, and don't suck get used.

    Ones that aren't, don't. Not sure there's a lot of rocket science to it.
    none, Sep 9, 2007
  8. bodger

    Rob S Guest

    bodger wrote:
    > "Craig Whitmore" <> wrote in message
    >>> Thanks for that. I was thinking more of a nz site that has built a large
    >>> base of users internationally like a search engine (google) or a

    > community
    >>> (myspace)
    >>>

    >> It might be helpful on why you are asking these question?
    >>

    > I'm really trying to find out how some websites get widespread usage,
    > without major advertising, while others never get picked up. If someone
    > locally has done this I'd like to talk to them.

    google for search engine optimization
    Rob S, Sep 10, 2007