    The abbreviation is m.i.d.

    Thanks for any help

    Kevin Cosgrove
    Guest, Jun 30, 2005

  2. Guest

    Guest

    wrote:

    > I am at present doing an exercise on the NZ troops during World War Two and
    > have come across an abbreviation that I don't know Can someone help
    >
    > The abbreviation is m.i.d.
    >
    > Thanks for any help
    >
    > Kevin Cosgrove

    mentioned in dispatches
    , Jun 30, 2005

  3. Guest

    ~misfit~ Guest

    wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I am at present doing an exercise on the NZ troops during World War
    >> Two and have come across an abbreviation that I don't know Can
    >> someone help
    >>
    >> The abbreviation is m.i.d.
    >>
    >> Thanks for any help
    >>
    >> Kevin Cosgrove
    >>

    > mentioned in dispatches

    I knew that. (For some obscure reason, war isn't my thing, either at the
    movies or historically).
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Jun 30, 2005
  4. Guest

    Brian Dooley Guest

    On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 13:46:37 +1200, <> wrote:

    >I am at present doing an exercise on the NZ troops during World War Two and
    >have come across an abbreviation that I don't know Can someone help
    >
    >The abbreviation is m.i.d.
    >
    >Thanks for any help

    Mention in Dispatches.

    Next down from a medal.

    Gets a little oak leaf to stick on the campaign ribbon (I think).

    An ex-room mate of mine got one in Korea. He was a bit of a
    nut-case and I always said he was in for rapid promotion or an
    early death, but I got out before I found out which it was.

    --

    Brian Dooley

    Wellington New Zealand
    Brian Dooley, Jun 30, 2005