NZ Quake 2 severs?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Southern Kiwi, Jun 29, 2003.

  1. Southern Kiwi, Jun 29, 2003

  2. "Paul Gunson" <> wrote in message
    > Southern Kiwi wrote:
    > > Anyone know of an up to date page for servers?, this link appears out of
    > > date http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/~quad/nz_q2.html
    > > TAI
    > > Cheers

    > http://www.nzgames.com/nzmaster/?game=quake2
    > http://www.techie.net.nz/games/quake2.html
    > do a search on software called All Seeying Eye its cool :) sees all
    > servers on planet and live stats, most of the NZ servers listed on
    > techie.net r dead now, couple good ones in Oz.

    Thanx Mate

    --
    Southern Kiwi
    southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com

    Southern Kiwi, Jun 30, 2003

  3. Southern Kiwi

    k y l e Guest

    Broken English - Theme Song
    "Southern Kiwi" <southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Anyone know of an up to date page for servers?, this link appears out of
    > date http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/~quad/nz_q2.html
    > TAI
    > Cheers
    > --
    > Southern Kiwi
    > southern_kiwi@*spamsucks*hotmail.com

    Do people still play Quake 2? It looks horrible by today's standards. Pixel
    city. Murky spacetunnel hell.

    k y l e, Jun 30, 2003
  4. Southern Kiwi

    Margolis Guest

    "k y l e" <> wrote in message

    > Do people still play Quake 2? It looks horrible by today's standards.

    Pixel
    > city. Murky spacetunnel hell.

    It may not look as perty as some of the newer games, but it is still a blast
    to play. Besides, it is really not that bad, except for the monotonous
    brown colors, the actual graphical quality is very good. Right now, even
    though I have UT2003, UT, q3a, unreal2... I would still rather play q2 ctf
    online over any other game I have. It is what is fun that counts, not the
    pretty graphics. Heck, I would rather play doom than some of the new
    'pretty' crap that is coming out.

    --
    Margolis
    http://www.agqx.org/faqs/AGQ2FAQ.htm

    Margolis, Jun 30, 2003
  5. Southern Kiwi

    k y l e Guest

    "Margolis" <> wrote in message
    > "k y l e" <> wrote in message
    > > >

    > > Do people still play Quake 2? It looks horrible by today's standards.

    > Pixel
    > > city. Murky spacetunnel hell.
    > >

    > It may not look as perty as some of the newer games, but it is still a

    blast
    > to play. Besides, it is really not that bad, except for the monotonous
    > brown colors, the actual graphical quality is very good. Right now, even
    > though I have UT2003, UT, q3a, unreal2... I would still rather play q2 ctf
    > online over any other game I have. It is what is fun that counts, not the
    > pretty graphics. Heck, I would rather play doom than some of the new
    > 'pretty' crap that is coming out.
    >
    > --

    Me too actually! Especially Doom. Serious Sam would be an exception. That
    game, I've never had so much killing fun since Doom! But yes, interested in
    your thoughts - forgive the lil trolling there to begin with.

    k y l e, Jul 1, 2003