  1. Here's UserFriendly's take
    <http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20061112&mode=classic> on the
    recent NZQA decision to allow txt-speak in exam answers.

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Nov 14, 2006

  2. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Fran Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

    > Here's UserFriendly's take
    > <http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20061112&mode=classic> on the
    > recent NZQA decision to allow txt-speak in exam answers.

    NZQA have not allowed it apparantly.

    Fran
    :):):)

    Fran, Nov 14, 2006

  3. Lawrence D'Oliveiro

    Brian Dooley Guest

    On Tue, 14 Nov 2006 14:20:28 +1300, Lawrence D'Oliveiro
    <_zealand> wrote:

    >Here's UserFriendly's take
    ><http://ars.userfriendly.org/cartoons/?id=20061112&mode=classic> on the
    >recent NZQA decision to allow txt-speak in exam answers.

    'Letters' in Monday's DomPost says it isn't true. Bali Haque of
    the NZQA, in closing a letter, writes:

    "At all times the candidates priority should be to ensure that
    their answers are clearly understandable to markers.
    The best way to do this is to use standard English".

    Not as explicit as I would like because he's saying, " Do what
    you like, but you will lose marks for it if you get too clever"

    I expect that teachers will make it crystal clear that it doesn't
    pay to be a smart-arse.
    --

    Brian Dooley

    Wellington New Zealand