NZ ISP Data charges

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Frank Williams, Jun 14, 2012.

  1. Frank Williams, Jun 14, 2012

  2. Frank Williams

    JohnO Guest

    Re: NZ ISP Data charges

    On Jun 14, 9:52 pm, Frank Williams <> wrote:
    > Here is the link to the broadcast,  I got a few things wrong
    > but it does not make NZ any better at all.
    >
    > http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/programmes/ninetonoon/audio/2270774...

    Only two years out of date - you are catching up Woger. I expected you
    to be at least 3 years out of date!

    JohnO, Jun 14, 2012

  3. Re: NZ ISP Data charges

    On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 14:26:58 -0700 (PDT), JohnO <>
    wrote:

    >On Jun 14, 9:52 pm, Frank Williams <> wrote:
    >> Here is the link to the broadcast,  I got a few things wrong
    >> but it does not make NZ any better at all.
    >>
    >> http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/programmes/ninetonoon/audio/2270774...

    >Only two years out of date - you are catching up Woger. I expected you
    >to be at least 3 years out of date!

    No NZ is still the dearest Internet service in the world, and nothing
    has changed since that article.

    Go do some reading that is out site of NZ..

    Frank Williams, Jun 15, 2012
  4. Frank Williams

    JohnO Guest

    Re: NZ ISP Data charges

    On Jun 15, 11:33 am, Frank Williams <> wrote:
    > On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 14:26:58 -0700 (PDT), JohnO <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >On Jun 14, 9:52 pm, Frank Williams <> wrote:
    > >> Here is the link to the broadcast,  I got a few things wrong
    > >> but it does not make NZ any better at all.

    > >>http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/programmes/ninetonoon/audio/2270774....

    > >Only two years out of date - you are catching up Woger. I expected you
    > >to be at least 3 years out of date!

    > No NZ is still the dearest Internet service in the world, and nothing
    > has changed since that article.
    >
    > Go do some reading that is out site of NZ..

    No, you idiot. As has been posted elsewhere today, NZ is not the most
    expensive in the world and is not even close, despite it's geographic
    isolation.

    Stop misinforming people and stick to what you understand - repairing
    CRT televisions.

    JohnO, Jun 15, 2012
  5. Frank Williams

    Gunnar Gren Guest

    Re: NZ ISP Data charges

    2012-06-15 JohnO <>:
    > On Jun 15, 11:33 am, Frank Williams <> wrote:
    >> On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 14:26:58 -0700 (PDT), JohnO <>
    >> wrote:

    >> >Only two years out of date - you are catching up Woger. I expected you
    >> >to be at least 3 years out of date!

    >> No NZ is still the dearest Internet service in the world, and nothing
    >> has changed since that article.
    >>
    >> Go do some reading that is out site of NZ..

    > No, you idiot. As has been posted elsewhere today, NZ is not the most
    > expensive in the world and is not even close, despite it's geographic
    > isolation.

    What does a connection 100/100Mb/s cost in NZ or a 1000/100Mb/s

    This is for home use. In sweden 100/100 cost anything from 100SEK to 600SEK
    1000/100 costs 1000SEK. Per month. Is it the same price in NZ?

    Gunnar Gren, Jun 15, 2012
  6. Re: NZ ISP Data charges

    On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 18:34:02 -0700 (PDT), JohnO <>
    wrote:

    >On Jun 15, 11:33 am, Frank Williams <> wrote:
    >> On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 14:26:58 -0700 (PDT), JohnO <>
    >> wrote:

    >> >Only two years out of date - you are catching up Woger. I expected you
    >> >to be at least 3 years out of date!

    >> No NZ is still the dearest Internet service in the world, and nothing
    >> has changed since that article.
    >>
    >> Go do some reading that is out site of NZ..

    >No, you idiot. As has been posted elsewhere today, NZ is not the most
    >expensive in the world and is not even close, despite it's geographic
    >isolation.
    >
    >Stop misinforming people and stick to what you understand - repairing
    >CRT televisions.

    You just don't have a clue at all.

    NZ is the most
    expensive in the western world

    Frank Williams, Jun 15, 2012
  7. Frank Williams

    JohnO Guest

    Re: NZ ISP Data charges

    On Jun 15, 4:05 pm, Gunnar Gren <> wrote:
    > 2012-06-15 JohnO <>:
    >

    > > On Jun 15, 11:33 am, Frank Williams <> wrote:

    > >> No NZ is still the dearest Internet service in the world, and nothing
    > >> has changed since that article.

    > >> Go do some reading that is out site of NZ..

    > > No, you idiot. As has been posted elsewhere today, NZ is not the most
    > > expensive in the world and is not even close, despite it's geographic
    > > isolation.

    > What does a connection 100/100Mb/s cost in NZ or a 1000/100Mb/s
    >
    > This is for home use. In sweden 100/100 cost anything from 100SEK to 600SEK
    > 1000/100 costs 1000SEK. Per month. Is it the same price in NZ?

    Hej Gunnar,

    At the moment the best you can get in most areas is ADSL2+ but VDSL up
    to 50Mb/s is being rolled out.

    Snap.co.nz are offering for example, VDSL and 250Gb for around NZ$125/
    month last time I looked. That's about 700SEK.

    JohnO, Jun 15, 2012
  8. Re: NZ ISP Data charges

    On 15 Jun 2012 04:05:39 GMT, Gunnar Gren <> wrote:

    >2012-06-15 JohnO <>:
    >> On Jun 15, 11:33 am, Frank Williams <> wrote:

    >>> No NZ is still the dearest Internet service in the world, and nothing
    >>> has changed since that article.
    >>>
    >>> Go do some reading that is out site of NZ..

    >> No, you idiot. As has been posted elsewhere today, NZ is not the most
    >> expensive in the world and is not even close, despite it's geographic
    >> isolation.

    >What does a connection 100/100Mb/s cost in NZ or a 1000/100Mb/s
    >
    >This is for home use. In sweden 100/100 cost anything from 100SEK to 600SEK
    >1000/100 costs 1000SEK. Per month. Is it the same price in NZ?

    NO ! for one thing well we only get 15Mb/s max mine is about 10Mb/s
    and 40GB for $75nz = 549.06SEK

    100SEK = to $18.21nz
    600SEK = $109.28nz

    My upload speed is 2Mb/s most only get 1Mb/s DSL mine is Cable.

    Frank Williams, Jun 15, 2012
  9. Frank Williams

    JohnO Guest

    Re: NZ ISP Data charges

    On Jun 15, 4:19 pm, Frank Williams <> wrote:
    > On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 18:34:02 -0700 (PDT), JohnO <>
    > wrote:
    >

    > >On Jun 15, 11:33 am, Frank Williams <> wrote:

    > >> No NZ is still the dearest Internet service in the world, and nothing
    > >> has changed since that article.

    > >> Go do some reading that is out site of NZ..

    > >No, you idiot. As has been posted elsewhere today, NZ is not the most
    > >expensive in the world and is not even close, despite it's geographic
    > >isolation.

    > >Stop misinforming people and stick to what you understand - repairing
    > >CRT televisions.

    > You just don't have a clue at all.
    >
    > NZ is the most
    > expensive in the western world

    If NZ is the most physically isolated country in the Western World. Of
    course it is the most expensive you dimwit.

    JohnO, Jun 15, 2012
  10. Frank Williams

    Gordon Guest

    Gordon, Jun 15, 2012
  11. Frank Williams

    Gordon Guest

    Re: NZ ISP Data charges

    On 2012-06-15, JohnO <> wrote:
    > On Jun 15, 11:33 am, Frank Williams <> wrote:
    >> On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 14:26:58 -0700 (PDT), JohnO <>
    >> wrote:

    >> >Only two years out of date - you are catching up Woger. I expected you
    >> >to be at least 3 years out of date!

    >> No NZ is still the dearest Internet service in the world, and nothing
    >> has changed since that article.
    >>
    >> Go do some reading that is out site of NZ..

    > No, you idiot. As has been posted elsewhere today, NZ is not the most
    > expensive in the world and is not even close, despite it's geographic
    > isolation.
    >
    > Stop misinforming people and stick to what you understand - repairing
    > CRT televisions.

    Come on JohnO, play the ball not the person. You were doing okay in your
    first response.

    Gordon, Jun 15, 2012
  12. Frank Williams

    Gordon Guest

    Re: NZ ISP Data charges

    On 2012-06-15, JohnO <> wrote:

    >> >No, you idiot. As has been posted elsewhere today, NZ is not the most
    >> >expensive in the world and is not even close, despite it's geographic
    >> >isolation.

    >> >Stop misinforming people and stick to what you understand - repairing
    >> >CRT televisions.

    >> You just don't have a clue at all.
    >>
    >> NZ is the most
    >> expensive in the western world

    > If NZ is the most physically isolated country in the Western World. Of
    > course it is the most expensive you dimwit.

    Okay which countries are in the Western World. Seriously.

    Gordon, Jun 15, 2012
  13. Frank Williams

    Gordon Guest

    Re: NZ ISP Data charges

    On 2012-06-15, Gunnar Gren <> wrote:

    Shit I am out of here.

    > What does a connection 100/100Mb/s cost in NZ or a 1000/100Mb/s
    >
    > This is for home use. In sweden 100/100 cost anything from 100SEK to 600SEK
    > 1000/100 costs 1000SEK. Per month. Is it the same price in NZ?

    Fight on between JohnO and Woger. Both lose credibility.

    Gordon, Jun 15, 2012
  14. Frank Williams

    JohnO Guest

    Re: NZ ISP Data charges

    On Jun 15, 5:48 pm, Gordon <> wrote:
    > On 2012-06-15, Gunnar Gren <> wrote:
    >
    > Shit I am out of here.

    Bye bye. Don't let the door hit you on the arse on your way out.

    JohnO, Jun 15, 2012
  15. Frank Williams

    JohnO Guest

    Re: NZ ISP Data charges

    On Jun 15, 5:46 pm, Gordon <> wrote:

    > >> You just don't have a clue at all.

    > >> NZ is the most
    > >> expensive in the western world

    > > If NZ is the most physically isolated country in the Western World. Of
    > > course it is the most expensive you dimwit.

    > Okay which countries are in the Western World. Seriously.

    Another who can't google for himself.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_world

    JohnO, Jun 15, 2012