nz herald site now reqs payment ??

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by XPD, Jul 30, 2006.

  1. XPD

    XPD Guest

    Just browsing around the NZ Herald website as I normally do in the
    morning, and now Im getting...
    columnists analyse what is behind the news, news cartoons and archived
    material published more than seven days ago.

    You can purchase access to this content for a single day through to one
    year. Pricing options are:
    one day $3.00
    one month $15.00
    three month $35.00
    six month $60.00
    twelve month $99.00
    All prices are in New Zealand Dollars and GST inclusive.
    ==============================

    I wonder if the particular story I was trying to view has anything to
    do with it....
    "Free speech on internet under fire" :p
    XPD, Jul 30, 2006

  2. T'was the 30 Jul 2006 15:16:26 -0700 when I remembered "XPD"
    <> saying something like this:

    >Just browsing around the NZ Herald website as I normally do in the
    >morning, and now Im getting...

    Certain content requires money, mostly things like opinions from what
    I've noticed.
    --
    Cheers,

    Waylon Kenning.
    Waylon Kenning, Jul 30, 2006

  3. On 30 Jul 2006 15:16:26 -0700, "XPD" <> wrote:

    >Just browsing around the NZ Herald website as I normally do in the
    >morning, and now Im getting...
    >columnists analyse what is behind the news, news cartoons and archived
    >material published more than seven days ago.
    >
    >You can purchase access to this content for a single day through to one
    >year. Pricing options are:
    >one day $3.00
    >one month $15.00
    >three month $35.00
    >six month $60.00
    >twelve month $99.00
    >All prices are in New Zealand Dollars and GST inclusive.
    >==============================
    >
    >I wonder if the particular story I was trying to view has anything to
    >do with it....
    >"Free speech on internet under fire" :p

    It's been that way for a while now.
    Many newspapers require registration just to get past the 'first
    page';
    many like NZH require payment for 'premium services and/or further
    reading;
    many require payment for archived articles.

    I would say the internet has cut into their subscription circulation.

    Cath
    texan....usenet@texas...removethisbit...usacom.., Jul 31, 2006