    work to pay/transfer at my chosen registrar, a few days before
    the expiry date of the domain?

    Thanks for your advise and experience with this issue...

    Domain Advise - Downsize Price, Aug 29, 2009

  2. Domain Advise - Downsize Price

    Alan Guest

    wrote in message
    news:-september.org...
    >I will soon have a couple of "co.nz" domain names due for
    > renewal.
    >
    > They are currently at Domainz. But, I want to transfer them to
    > FreeParking. This is for the lower cost.
    >
    > Has anyone had problems with this type of transfer? Including
    > the old registrar being reluctant to let go of the account/money?
    >
    > How long does a transfer take? Meaning, if I were to try to pay
    > the new registrar... How close can I cut it? Can it reliably
    > work to pay/transfer at my chosen registrar, a few days before
    > the expiry date of the domain?
    >
    > Thanks for your advise and experience with this issue...

    I've never had an issue with transferring domains.

    Authorised registrars are required to comply with all published .nz
    policies and procedures:

    http://dnc.org.nz/story/authorised-registrars

    The Policies and Procedures are here:

    http://www.dnc.org.nz/story/30037-35-1.html

    Specifically, these are the ones relating to transfers:

    http://dnc.org.nz/content/changeofregistrant.html

    So your rights are fairly well covered, but if you have a problem,
    then you should certainly complain.

    HTH,

    Alan.

    My unmunged email is: (valid for 30 days
    min probably much longer).

    Alan, Aug 29, 2009

  3. Domain Advise - Downsize Price

    Enkidu Guest

    Domain Advise - Downsize Price wrote:
    > I will soon have a couple of "co.nz" domain names due for renewal.
    >
    > They are currently at Domainz. But, I want to transfer them to
    > FreeParking. This is for the lower cost.
    >
    > Has anyone had problems with this type of transfer? Including the
    > old registrar being reluctant to let go of the account/money?
    >
    > How long does a transfer take? Meaning, if I were to try to pay the
    > new registrar... How close can I cut it? Can it reliably work to
    > pay/transfer at my chosen registrar, a few days before the expiry
    > date of the domain?
    >
    > Thanks for your advise and experience with this issue...

    Why not transfer it now? Usually the receiving registrar will honour any
    period left on the registration.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Aug 29, 2009
  4. Domain Advise - Downsize Price

    Alan Guest

    "Enkidu" <> wrote in message
    > Domain Advise - Downsize Price wrote:
    >> I will soon have a couple of "co.nz" domain names due for renewal.
    >>
    >> They are currently at Domainz. But, I want to transfer them to
    >> FreeParking. This is for the lower cost.
    >>
    >> Has anyone had problems with this type of transfer? Including the
    >> old registrar being reluctant to let go of the account/money?
    >>
    >> How long does a transfer take? Meaning, if I were to try to pay
    >> the
    >> new registrar... How close can I cut it? Can it reliably work to
    >> pay/transfer at my chosen registrar, a few days before the expiry
    >> date of the domain?
    >>
    >> Thanks for your advise and experience with this issue...
    >>

    > Why not transfer it now? Usually the receiving registrar will honour
    > any
    > period left on the registration.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >
    > Cliff

    Indeed - that has been my experience too, so nothing lost.

    Alan, Aug 29, 2009
  5. Domain Advise - Downsize Price

    EMB Guest

    Domain Advise - Downsize Price wrote:
    > I will soon have a couple of "co.nz" domain names due for
    > renewal.
    >
    > They are currently at Domainz. But, I want to transfer them to
    > FreeParking. This is for the lower cost.
    >
    > Has anyone had problems with this type of transfer? Including
    > the old registrar being reluctant to let go of the account/money?

    Done it often, including from the thieves at Domainz, and there have
    never been any problems.

    > How long does a transfer take? Meaning, if I were to try to pay
    > the new registrar... How close can I cut it? Can it reliably
    > work to pay/transfer at my chosen registrar, a few days before
    > the expiry date of the domain?

    They will transfer across at any time with the registration period
    intact. Transfer is to all intents and purposes instantaneous if you do
    it online. So long as you have the UDAI (and if you haven't then just
    get it off Domainz) you just create an account with the gaining
    registrar and then use their transfer option to move it to them (for
    which the UDAI will be necessary). I would tend to use 1stdomains
    rather than Freeparking.

    EMB, Aug 29, 2009
  6. Domain Advise - Downsize Price

    pystol Guest