    100,000 results are queued up and ready to be sent out after the upgrade,
    plus the three splitters will be up and running producing work as quickly
    as possible.
    steve, Aug 28, 2004

  2. steve

    steve Guest

    UPDATE: Re: nz.comp team: New SETI BOINC v4.x Clients required.....

    steve wrote:

    > August 27, 2004
    > We are currently experiencing a hardware issue with our scheduling server,
    > we expect this issues resolved within the hour. The upgrade to 4.x will
    > start around 11am PDT and will take roughly an hour. Anybody who has any
    > remaining results to report should get them in before the upgrade, after
    > the upgrade you'll need the 4.x clients to report new results, and
    > upgrading to the 4.x client will reset the project on your machine.
    > Roughly 100,000 results are queued up and ready to be sent out after the
    > upgrade, plus the three splitters will be up and running producing work as
    > quickly as possible.

    NOTE: But the new client isn't yet available.
    steve, Aug 28, 2004

  3. steve

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Re: UPDATE: Re: nz.comp team: New SETI BOINC v4.x Clients required.....

    steve wrote:
    > steve wrote:
    >
    >> August 27, 2004
    >> We are currently experiencing a hardware issue with our scheduling
    >> server, we expect this issues resolved within the hour. The upgrade
    >> to 4.x will start around 11am PDT and will take roughly an hour.
    >> Anybody who has any remaining results to report should get them in
    >> before the upgrade, after the upgrade you'll need the 4.x clients to
    >> report new results, and upgrading to the 4.x client will reset the
    >> project on your machine. Roughly 100,000 results are queued up and
    >> ready to be sent out after the upgrade, plus the three splitters
    >> will be up and running producing work as quickly as possible.

    > NOTE: But the new client isn't yet available.

    It isn't available from the SETI site but is available here:

    http://climateapps2.oucs.ox.ac.uk/cpdnboinc/download.php

    Version 4.05.

    I have it installed on one machine but still no WUs. I'm waiting to see if I
    get work with it before changing my other machines.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Aug 28, 2004
  4. steve

    steve Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:

    > steve wrote:
    >> steve wrote:
    >>
    >>> August 27, 2004
    >>> We are currently experiencing a hardware issue with our scheduling
    >>> server, we expect this issues resolved within the hour. The upgrade
    >>> to 4.x will start around 11am PDT and will take roughly an hour.
    >>> Anybody who has any remaining results to report should get them in
    >>> before the upgrade, after the upgrade you'll need the 4.x clients to
    >>> report new results, and upgrading to the 4.x client will reset the
    >>> project on your machine. Roughly 100,000 results are queued up and
    >>> ready to be sent out after the upgrade, plus the three splitters
    >>> will be up and running producing work as quickly as possible.

    >> NOTE: But the new client isn't yet available.

    > It isn't available from the SETI site but is available here:
    >
    > http://climateapps2.oucs.ox.ac.uk/cpdnboinc/download.php
    >
    > Version 4.05.
    >
    > I have it installed on one machine but still no WUs. I'm waiting to see if
    > I get work with it before changing my other machines.

    In the BOINC forums they say NOT to use that client.
    steve, Aug 28, 2004
  5. steve

    steve wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >
    >> steve wrote:

    >>> NOTE: But the new client isn't yet available.

    >> It isn't available from the SETI site but is available here:
    >>
    >> http://climateapps2.oucs.ox.ac.uk/cpdnboinc/download.php
    >>
    >> Version 4.05.
    >>
    >> I have it installed on one machine but still no WUs. I'm waiting to
    >> see if I get work with it before changing my other machines.

    > In the BOINC forums they say NOT to use that client.

    Ok, I haven't looked in the forums. What do they say to use?
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Aug 28, 2004
  6. steve

    steve Guest

    ~misfit~ wrote:

    > steve wrote:
    >> ~misfit~ wrote:

    >>> It isn't available from the SETI site but is available here:
    >>>
    >>> http://climateapps2.oucs.ox.ac.uk/cpdnboinc/download.php
    >>>
    >>> Version 4.05.
    >>>
    >>> I have it installed on one machine but still no WUs. I'm waiting to
    >>> see if I get work with it before changing my other machines.

    >> In the BOINC forums they say NOT to use that client.

    > Ok, I haven't looked in the forums. What do they say to use?

    They say to wait for the 4.x clients to be posted for download.

    Last week, they said do S@H classic until the BOINC bugs are sorted. The
    science is the same, apparently....though the classic units won't help your
    BOINC score.

    The law of unintended consequences seem to be coming into play here. :)
    steve, Aug 28, 2004
  7. steve

    steve wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>
    >> Ok, I haven't looked in the forums. What do they say to use?

    > They say to wait for the 4.x clients to be posted for download.
    >
    > Last week, they said do S@H classic until the BOINC bugs are sorted.
    > The science is the same, apparently....though the classic units won't
    > help your BOINC score.
    >
    > The law of unintended consequences seem to be coming into play here.
    > :)

    Cheers, I must read the forums. The PC that has 4.x on it just gets the
    message "Must have major version 3". Maybe it'll be Ok tomorrow.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Aug 28, 2004
  8. Re: UPDATE: Re: nz.comp team: New SETI BOINC v4.x Clients required.....

    ~misfit~ wrote:
    > Cheers, I must read the forums. The PC that has 4.x on it just gets the
    > message "Must have major version 3". Maybe it'll be Ok tomorrow.

    I had no work with v3 client, so I got v4...

    I still got no work...
    now Im in the same position, but with a newer client... woohoo :)

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://www.dave.net.nz
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 29, 2004
  9. steve

    Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    > ~misfit~ wrote:
    >> Cheers, I must read the forums. The PC that has 4.x on it just gets
    >> the message "Must have major version 3". Maybe it'll be Ok tomorrow.

    > I had no work with v3 client, so I got v4...
    >
    > I still got no work...
    > now Im in the same position, but with a newer client... woohoo :)

    I have just got 15 or so WUs with the new client on one of my machines, the
    other that's currently running can't get any yet. The servers are getting
    hammered at the moment, give it a few hours and you *should* get work. The
    first thing it downloads is a new SETI .exe, version 4.03 (old one was
    3.08). It's a couple of MB or more.

    Hang in there.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Aug 30, 2004
  10. steve

    Dogg Guest

    Re: UPDATE: Re: nz.comp team: New SETI BOINC v4.x Clients required.....

    On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 12:35:17 +1200, "~misfit~"
    <> wrote:

    >Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >> ~misfit~ wrote:
    >>> Cheers, I must read the forums. The PC that has 4.x on it just gets
    >>> the message "Must have major version 3". Maybe it'll be Ok tomorrow.

    >> I had no work with v3 client, so I got v4...
    >>
    >> I still got no work...
    >> now Im in the same position, but with a newer client... woohoo :)

    >I have just got 15 or so WUs with the new client on one of my machines, the
    >other that's currently running can't get any yet. The servers are getting
    >hammered at the moment, give it a few hours and you *should* get work. The
    >first thing it downloads is a new SETI .exe, version 4.03 (old one was
    >3.08). It's a couple of MB or more.
    >
    >Hang in there.

    It's cranking on all my machines now :)
    Dogg, Aug 30, 2004
  11. steve

    Dogg wrote:
    > On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 12:35:17 +1200, "~misfit~"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >>>
    >>> I had no work with v3 client, so I got v4...
    >>>
    >>> I still got no work...
    >>> now Im in the same position, but with a newer client... woohoo :)

    >> I have just got 15 or so WUs with the new client on one of my
    >> machines, the other that's currently running can't get any yet. The
    >> servers are getting hammered at the moment, give it a few hours and
    >> you *should* get work. The first thing it downloads is a new SETI
    >> .exe, version 4.03 (old one was
    >> 3.08). It's a couple of MB or more.
    >>
    >> Hang in there.

    > It's cranking on all my machines now :)

    Same here. Although I just got a bunch of units (18 or so) with 'download
    failed' on my main machine. Bloody dial-up, it takes too long and it stalls
    sometimes. I wonder if I'll get them later or the client will delete them or
    what? Hmm, might re-start my machine soon and see if they're still 'there'.

    If all your machines are crunching I dare say you'll be top of the list in
    no time.
    --
    ~misfit~
    ~misfit~, Aug 30, 2004