nz.comp team: BOINC and CPDN

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by steve, Aug 31, 2004.

  1. steve

    steve Guest

    steve, Aug 31, 2004

  2. steve

    Divine Guest

    On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 22:05:22 +1200, steve wrote:

    > I just checked on ow many computers in New Zealand are running CPDN via
    > BOINC.
    >
    > There are 20 of them.
    >
    > I know that 6 of those are mine. :)
    >
    > http://climateapps2.oucs.ox.ac.uk/cpdnboinc/usermap.php

    The 21st is about to be let loose on CPDN, making two from me.

    Divine

    --
    "Even the most fanatical Microsoft supporter has to see that Longhorn has
    become Shorthorn."

    Divine, Aug 31, 2004

  3. steve

    Dogg Guest

    wrote:

    >I just checked on ow many computers in New Zealand are running CPDN via
    >BOINC.
    >
    >There are 20 of them.
    >
    >I know that 6 of those are mine. :)
    >
    >http://climateapps2.oucs.ox.ac.uk/cpdnboinc/usermap.php

    I'll be sticking with good ol' SETI.

    Dogg, Aug 31, 2004
  4. steve

    steve Guest

    Dogg wrote:

    > On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 22:05:22 +1200, steve <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>I just checked on ow many computers in New Zealand are running CPDN via
    >>BOINC.
    >>
    >>There are 20 of them.
    >>
    >>I know that 6 of those are mine. :)
    >>
    >>http://climateapps2.oucs.ox.ac.uk/cpdnboinc/usermap.php
    >>

    > I'll be sticking with good ol' SETI.

    I'm mainly SETI, with 66.67% of resource for SETI and 33.33% for CPDN.

    They appear to swap back and forth based on the amount of processor time
    used.

    steve, Aug 31, 2004
  5. steve

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Dogg wrote:
    > On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 22:05:22 +1200, steve <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> I just checked on ow many computers in New Zealand are running CPDN
    >> via BOINC.
    >>
    >> There are 20 of them.
    >>
    >> I know that 6 of those are mine. :)
    >>
    >> http://climateapps2.oucs.ox.ac.uk/cpdnboinc/usermap.php
    >>

    > I'll be sticking with good ol' SETI.

    Damn!! (Just kidding) With your processing power I'm not going to stay at P2
    for long.

    BTW, I'm sticking with SETI too. Especially as, of this morning, it actually
    seems to be working perfectly. <touches wood>
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Sep 1, 2004