NZ.COMP SETI Team passes 40,000 WUs

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by steve, Aug 3, 2003.

  1. steve

    steve Guest

    steve, Aug 3, 2003

  2. steve

    ~misfit~ Guest

    "steve" <> wrote in message
    news:_P0Xa.8906$...
    > The average time for *each* of these work units WU) by the nz.comp group:
    >
    > 12 hours and 10 minutes per WU.
    >
    > http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/team/team_155750.html
    >
    > Description Denizens of the Newsgroup nz.comp
    > Members 32
    > Results received 40303
    > Total CPU time 55.981 years
    > Founder ~misfit~
    >
    > Main Seti@Home page is here:
    >
    > http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

    Go nz.comp team!!! I think we're doing really well.

    Cheers,
    --
    ~misfit~

    ---

    ~misfit~, Aug 3, 2003

  3. steve

    T.N.O Guest

    "steve" wrote
    | The average time for *each* of these work units WU) by the nz.comp group:
    | 12 hours and 10 minutes per WU.
    | http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/team/team_155750.html

    I notice this the other day when I got my machine back processing units.
    Now doing 10 or so a day, one every 4.6 hours.

    T.N.O, Aug 3, 2003
  4. steve

    Allistar Guest

    steve wrote:

    > The average time for *each* of these work units WU) by the nz.comp group:
    >
    > 12 hours and 10 minutes per WU.
    >
    > http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/team/team_155750.html
    >
    > Description Denizens of the Newsgroup nz.comp
    > Members 32
    > Results received 40303
    > Total CPU time 55.981 years
    > Founder ~misfit~
    >
    > Main Seti@Home page is here:
    >
    > http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/

    So that's where all of the distributed processing power in NZ goes. I put
    all of my spare cycles to the distributed folding project (it seems to be a
    more benevolent cause). Join if you wish, there are only a few active
    member in the "New Zealand" team and more would be great.

    Allistar.

    Allistar, Aug 4, 2003
  5. steve

    SNOman Guest

    "T.N.O" <> wrote in message
    > "steve" wrote
    > | The average time for *each* of these work units WU) by the nz.comp

    group:
    > | 12 hours and 10 minutes per WU.
    > | http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/stats/team/team_155750.html
    >

    > I notice this the other day when I got my machine back processing units.
    > Now doing 10 or so a day, one every 4.6 hours.

    Guess it's more than one PC then as 10 x 4.6 =40.6 hours/day :)

    SNOman, Aug 4, 2003
  6. steve

    T.N.O Guest

    "SNOman" wrote
    | > I notice this the other day when I got my machine back processing units.
    | > Now doing 10 or so a day, one every 4.6 hours.
    |
    | Guess it's more than one PC then as 10 x 4.6 =40.6 hours/day :)

    Dual CPUs... 2 x Seti Client. :)

    T.N.O, Aug 5, 2003
  7. steve

    T.N.O Guest

    "Dogg" wrote
    | Looks like a great cause but unfortunately it can't compare with the
    | nerdiness of SETI ;)

    Thats what I was thinking, but I didn't like to say :)

    T.N.O, Aug 6, 2003