    Cynicor Guest

    Before you book a photographer for your NY/NJ wedding, call me! I will
    undercut D&G Wedding Photography by 20% on all orders.
    Cynicor, Aug 10, 2006

  2. Cynicor

    Helen Guest

    "Cynicor" <jt__rup__i_n@speak__easy.net> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Before you book a photographer for your NY/NJ wedding, call me! I will
    > undercut D&G Wedding Photography by 20% on all orders.

    This looks, smells and feels like processed pork, and has a similar texture.
    Helen, Aug 10, 2006

  3. Cynicor

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Cynicor wrote:

    > Before you book a photographer for your NY/NJ wedding, call me! I will
    > undercut D&G Wedding Photography by 20% on all orders.

    heh heh heh
    --
    Paul (Neurotic to the bone No doubt about it)
    Stop and Look
    Paul Heslop, Aug 10, 2006
  4. Cynicor

    Guest

    What's the number?

    Cynicor wrote:
    > Before you book a photographer for your NY/NJ wedding, call me! I will
    > undercut D&G Wedding Photography by 20% on all orders.
    , Aug 10, 2006
  5. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    Note on D&G Photography

    > Cynicor wrote:
    >> Before you book a photographer for your NY/NJ wedding, call me! I will
    >> undercut D&G Wedding Photography by 20% on all orders.

    If you are thinking of doing business with D&G Wedding Photography, the
    company that placed two ads on this Usenet group earlier today, please
    consider this. They have evidently reported me to my ISP for the above
    message. Details follow. (The IP address is owned by Hotmail.) Of
    course, apologies to D&G if their original spammer was not the person
    who reported this as spam.

    =============================

    Greetings,

    We have recently received a report that there has been activity
    originating from your circuit that is in violation of the Speakeasy
    Acceptable Use Policy. The IP address in question is:

    131.107.0.72

    The reports we have received are concerning one or more of the following:

    1. Off-topic posts
    2. Mass posting of messages to newsgroups
    3. Spam advertising a site at this IP address or associated domain.

    The full text of the complaint is included below for your reference.

    This activity is strictly prohibited under Speakeasy's Acceptable Use
    Policy. We request that you immediately cease and desist.

    If you believe that someone may be compromising a machine or other
    equipment on your network, it is imperative
    that you remove the vulnerable machine or equipment from your network
    and make certain that it is properly
    secured, prior to placing it back online.

    It is vital for the security of your personal network and the Speakeasy
    network as a whole that you address this issue. If we continue to
    receive similar reports about your circuit, we will be forced to
    temporarily suspend your broadband service until this issue is resolved.
    Please understand that we consider an interruption in your service only
    when it is absolutely required to ensure both your security, and the
    overall security of the entire Speakeasy network.

    PLEASE ALSO NOTE:
    There will be an open Service Ticket on your account. To ensure that
    your service is not interrupted, it is important that you update us once
    you have resolved this issue. Please call Speakeasy Support at
    800.556.5829 or login to MySpeakeasy (http://www.speakeasy.net/myspeak)
    and update the open Service Ticket referencing this issue.

    We thank you for taking the time to address these Internet security
    concerns.

    Network Security Department
    Speakeasy, Inc.
    Cynicor, Aug 10, 2006
  6. For the clueless...this means you!

    If each of the photographers who shoot weddings and contribute to this group
    posted a ad each week we would be overwhelmed with ads. That is why there
    are rules against spamming groups. You have broken that rule and any number
    of people might have registered a complaint against you.

    --
    Thanks,
    Gene Palmiter

    Gene Palmiter, Aug 11, 2006
  7. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    Re: For the clueless...this means you!

    Gene Palmiter wrote:
    > If each of the photographers who shoot weddings and contribute to this group
    > posted a ad each week we would be overwhelmed with ads. That is why there
    > are rules against spamming groups. You have broken that rule and any number
    > of people might have registered a complaint against you.

    Me? I didn't post an actual ad, obviously. I posted a parody of his
    original post with no business information in it.
    Cynicor, Aug 11, 2006
  8. Cynicor

    Frank ess Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > What's the number?
    >
    > Cynicor wrote:
    >> Before you book a photographer for your NY/NJ wedding, call me! I
    >> will
    >> undercut D&G Wedding Photography by 20% on all orders.

    It's kind of a proportion: for every ten dollars you would have spent,
    he'll let you keep two.

    --
    Frank ess
    Frank ess, Aug 11, 2006
  9. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    Frank ess wrote:

    > <> wrote in message
    >> What's the number?
    >>
    >> Cynicor wrote:
    >>> Before you book a photographer for your NY/NJ wedding, call me! I will
    >>> undercut D&G Wedding Photography by 20% on all orders.

    > It's kind of a proportion: for every ten dollars you would have spent,
    > he'll let you keep two.

    Unfortunately, the offer just expired. I will need that money to help
    defray my massive Usenet-related legal bills.
    Cynicor, Aug 11, 2006
  10. Cynicor

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Re: Note on D&G Photography

    Cynicor wrote:

    > > Cynicor wrote:
    > >> Before you book a photographer for your NY/NJ wedding, call me! I will
    > >> undercut D&G Wedding Photography by 20% on all orders.

    > If you are thinking of doing business with D&G Wedding Photography, the
    > company that placed two ads on this Usenet group earlier today, please
    > consider this. They have evidently reported me to my ISP for the above
    > message. Details follow. (The IP address is owned by Hotmail.) Of
    > course, apologies to D&G if their original spammer was not the person
    > who reported this as spam.
    >
    > =============================
    >
    > Greetings,
    >
    > We have recently received a report that there has been activity
    > originating from your circuit that is in violation of the Speakeasy
    > Acceptable Use Policy. The IP address in question is:
    >
    > 131.107.0.72
    >
    > The reports we have received are concerning one or more of the following:
    >
    > 1. Off-topic posts
    > 2. Mass posting of messages to newsgroups
    > 3. Spam advertising a site at this IP address or associated domain.
    >
    > The full text of the complaint is included below for your reference.
    >
    > This activity is strictly prohibited under Speakeasy's Acceptable Use
    > Policy. We request that you immediately cease and desist.
    >
    > If you believe that someone may be compromising a machine or other
    > equipment on your network, it is imperative
    > that you remove the vulnerable machine or equipment from your network
    > and make certain that it is properly
    > secured, prior to placing it back online.
    >
    > It is vital for the security of your personal network and the Speakeasy
    > network as a whole that you address this issue. If we continue to
    > receive similar reports about your circuit, we will be forced to
    > temporarily suspend your broadband service until this issue is resolved.
    > Please understand that we consider an interruption in your service only
    > when it is absolutely required to ensure both your security, and the
    > overall security of the entire Speakeasy network.
    >
    > PLEASE ALSO NOTE:
    > There will be an open Service Ticket on your account. To ensure that
    > your service is not interrupted, it is important that you update us once
    > you have resolved this issue. Please call Speakeasy Support at
    > 800.556.5829 or login to MySpeakeasy (http://www.speakeasy.net/myspeak)
    > and update the open Service Ticket referencing this issue.
    >
    > We thank you for taking the time to address these Internet security
    > concerns.
    >
    > Network Security Department
    > Speakeasy, Inc.

    amazing!
    Paul Heslop, Aug 11, 2006
  11. Cynicor

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Cynicor wrote:

    > Gene Palmiter wrote:
    > > If each of the photographers who shoot weddings and contribute to this group
    > > posted a ad each week we would be overwhelmed with ads. That is why there
    > > are rules against spamming groups. You have broken that rule and any number
    > > of people might have registered a complaint against you.

    > Me? I didn't post an actual ad, obviously. I posted a parody of his
    > original post with no business information in it.

    pretty much what i took it for
    Paul Heslop, Aug 11, 2006
  12. Cynicor

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Paul Heslop, Aug 11, 2006
  13. Re: Note on D&G Photography

    On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 18:14:51 -0400, in rec.photo.digital Cynicor
    <jt__rup__i_n@speak__easy.net> wrote:

    >=============================
    >
    >Greetings,
    >
    >We have recently received a report that there has been activity
    >originating from your circuit that is in violation of the Speakeasy
    >Acceptable Use Policy. The IP address in question is:
    >
    >131.107.0.72

    ???

    C:\nslookup 131.107.0.72
    Server: ns2.hr.cox.net
    Address: 68.10.16.25

    Name: tide502.microsoft.com
    Address: 131.107.0.72
    --
    Ed Ruf ()
    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Aug 11, 2006
  14. Re: For the clueless...this means you!

    Parody is tricky that way...I noticed the lack of information and figured it
    was more evidence of cluelessness.....so sorry!

    --
    Thanks,
    Gene Palmiter

    Gene Palmiter, Aug 11, 2006
  15. Cynicor

    Paul Heslop Guest

    Cynicor wrote:

    > Frank ess wrote:
    > >
    > > <> wrote in message
    > >> What's the number?

    > > It's kind of a proportion: for every ten dollars you would have spent,
    > > he'll let you keep two.

    > Unfortunately, the offer just expired. I will need that money to help
    > defray my massive Usenet-related legal bills.

    oh stop, it hurts when I laugh!
    Paul Heslop, Aug 11, 2006
  16. Cynicor

    ASAAR Guest

    On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 19:28:32 -0400, Cynicor wrote:

    >> It's kind of a proportion: for every ten dollars you would have spent,
    >> he'll let you keep two.

    > Unfortunately, the offer just expired. I will need that money to help
    > defray my massive Usenet-related legal bills.

    No, don't do that. Reinstate your offer soonest and skim 33.4% of
    all fees. You can contract out the jobs for the remaining 66.6%,
    and pros such as D&G Wedding Photography will gladly accept all the
    business you can throw their way. Oh wait, I'm not sure I got that
    exactly right. I think it's their female employees that were
    referred to as the 'pros'.
    ASAAR, Aug 11, 2006
  17. Re: Note on D&G Photography

    > Greetings,
    >
    > We have recently received a report that there has been activity
    > originating from your circuit that is in violation of the Speakeasy
    > Acceptable Use Policy. The IP address in question is:
    >
    > 131.107.0.72
    >
    > The reports we have received are concerning one or more of the following:
    >
    > 1. Off-topic posts
    > 2. Mass posting of messages to newsgroups
    > 3. Spam advertising a site at this IP address or associated domain.
    >
    > The full text of the complaint is included below for your reference.

    Obviously a canned response. Was the text of the complaint included?
    Derek Fountain, Aug 11, 2006
  18. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    Re: Note on D&G Photography

    Derek Fountain wrote:
    >> Greetings,
    >>
    >> We have recently received a report that there has been activity
    >> originating from your circuit that is in violation of the Speakeasy
    >> Acceptable Use Policy. The IP address in question is:
    >>
    >> 131.107.0.72
    >>
    >> The reports we have received are concerning one or more of the following:
    >>
    >> 1. Off-topic posts
    >> 2. Mass posting of messages to newsgroups
    >> 3. Spam advertising a site at this IP address or associated domain.
    >>
    >> The full text of the complaint is included below for your reference.

    > Obviously a canned response. Was the text of the complaint included?

    No, the rest of the message was just my controversial post. I refer all
    further questions to my solicitor, Abraham O. Maine, LLB.
    Cynicor, Aug 11, 2006