"NWLink IPX/SPX/Netbios compatible transport protocol" for LAN traffic?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Leanin' Cedar, Oct 15, 2006.

  1. Does this seem like it is worth the effort, my home LAN is slow? Three
    WinXP PC's
    Thanks
    Bob

    Leanin' Cedar, Oct 15, 2006

  2. Hi
    Nope, using additional protocols would not make it faster.
    May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/Internet_Speed.html
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Oct 15, 2006

  3. "Jack (MVP-Networking)." <> wrote in message
    > Hi
    > Nope, using additional protocols would not make it faster.
    > May be this can Help, http://www.ezlan.net/Internet_Speed.html
    > Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Thanks for the reply, I am on dialup so not much hope of optimizing
    internet, but was wondering about file and print sharing with the PC's,
    looks like this may help.

    Bob
    Leanin' Cedar, Oct 15, 2006