    I'm just tinkering at the moment, but if you want to see what I'm
    tinkering with, it'll be here...

    www.dave.net.nz/nvu/

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 2, 2004

  2. It seems like Fri, 03 Dec 2004 08:49:38 +1300 was when "Dave -
    Dave.net.nz" <> said Blah blah blah...

    >I'm just tinkering at the moment, but if you want to see what I'm
    >tinkering with, it'll be here...

    I'm looking into Phpwebsite (http://phpwebsite.appstate.edu/) which is
    a really interesting dynamic website in a (virtual) can.

    I believe it is simple enough for clients and teachers in schools to
    work with.
    --
    Regards,
    Waylon Kenning.

    1st Year B.I.T. WelTec

    Waylon Kenning, Dec 2, 2004

  3. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    gj Guest

    Waylon Kenning wrote:
    > It seems like Fri, 03 Dec 2004 08:49:38 +1300 was when "Dave -
    > Dave.net.nz" <> said Blah blah blah...
    >

    >>I'm just tinkering at the moment, but if you want to see what I'm
    >>tinkering with, it'll be here...

    > I'm looking into Phpwebsite (http://phpwebsite.appstate.edu/) which is
    > a really interesting dynamic website in a (virtual) can.
    >
    > I believe it is simple enough for clients and teachers in schools to
    > work with.

    also try www.mamboserver.com. There is also a Dreamweaver extension for
    Mambo now although I have not tried it yet.

    There is definitely no shortage of good free opensource websites "in a can".

    Gavin

    gj, Dec 2, 2004
  4. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Enkidu Guest

    On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 09:44:41 +1300, Waylon Kenning
    <> wrote:

    >It seems like Fri, 03 Dec 2004 08:49:38 +1300 was when "Dave -
    >Dave.net.nz" <> said Blah blah blah...
    >
    >>I'm just tinkering at the moment, but if you want to see what I'm
    >>tinkering with, it'll be here...

    >I'm looking into Phpwebsite (http://phpwebsite.appstate.edu/) which is
    >a really interesting dynamic website in a (virtual) can.
    >
    >I believe it is simple enough for clients and teachers in schools to
    >work with.

    Oh gods, NOOOOOOOO!

    Any wannabe web site builder should do a compulsory 6 months course on
    web site design before they are allowed to even touch a PC for that
    purpose!

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    --

    These twin-CPU hyperthreading computers are really
    great! We can wait ten to a hundred times faster

    Enkidu, Dec 2, 2004
  5. gj wrote:
    >>> I'm just tinkering at the moment, but if you want to see what I'm
    >>> tinkering with, it'll be here...

    >> I'm looking into Phpwebsite (http://phpwebsite.appstate.edu/) which is
    >> a really interesting dynamic website in a (virtual) can.

    > also try www.mamboserver.com. There is also a Dreamweaver extension for
    > Mambo now although I have not tried it yet.

    dave.net.nz uses mambo... although somewhat modified.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 2, 2004
  6. Dave - Dave.net.nz

    Gordon Guest

    On Fri, 03 Dec 2004 08:49:38 +1300, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > Being on the Linspire news letter/Michaels Minute, I get the odd product
    > placement from them, anyway, this weeks one was for "Nvu"
    >
    > Anyway, a 7MB download later, and Im off and playing.
    >
    > It's pretty much Mozilla Composer, with site management tools added on...
    >
    > I'm just tinkering at the moment, but if you want to see what I'm
    > tinkering with, it'll be here...
    >
    > www.dave.net.nz/nvu/

    Good to see that the spell checker knows about fcuk.

    Gordon, Dec 3, 2004
  7. Gordon wrote:
    >>I'm just tinkering at the moment, but if you want to see what I'm
    >>tinkering with, it'll be here...

    >>www.dave.net.nz/nvu/

    > Good to see that the spell checker knows about fcuk.

    well, I was writing as I always write... conversationally!
    Is that a word??? spell checker says yes :)

    anyway, the day was busier than fridays normally are, so I didn't get to
    tinker as much as I'd have liked, but that'll do for the moment.
    yeah, thats about it... ok bye.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 3, 2004
  8. It seems like Fri, 03 Dec 2004 11:23:07 +1300 was when "Dave -
    Dave.net.nz" <> said Blah blah blah...

    >> also try www.mamboserver.com. There is also a Dreamweaver extension for
    >> Mambo now although I have not tried it yet.

    >dave.net.nz uses mambo... although somewhat modified.

    I had a brief look at Mamboserver, however first glances suggest that
    it wasn't as simple for end users as Phpwebsite. I want something
    absolutely positively super simple, so much so that one users have
    used the website, they'll look at Notepad with confusion and ask how
    to operate this complex program.

    So far I'm finding it easier and more efficient to make a dynamic
    website simple and basic, than complex and powerful and then try and
    get people to be trained in this application when they consider using
    Google a complex task.
    --
    Regards,
    Waylon Kenning.

    1st Year B.I.T. WelTec

    Waylon Kenning, Dec 4, 2004
  9. It seems like Fri, 03 Dec 2004 11:19:49 +1300 was when Enkidu
    <> said Blah blah blah...

    >Oh gods, NOOOOOOOO!
    >
    >Any wannabe web site builder should do a compulsory 6 months course on
    >web site design before they are allowed to even touch a PC for that
    >purpose!

    Sometimes in life that's just simply not an option. However, I find
    it's our job to make these things as simple as possible, while still
    being functional, secure and stuff like that.
    --
    Regards,
    Waylon Kenning.

    1st Year B.I.T. WelTec

    Waylon Kenning, Dec 4, 2004
  10. Waylon Kenning wrote:
    >>dave.net.nz uses mambo... although somewhat modified.

    > I had a brief look at Mamboserver, however first glances suggest that
    > it wasn't as simple for end users as Phpwebsite. I want something
    > absolutely positively super simple, so much so that one users have
    > used the website, they'll look at Notepad with confusion and ask how
    > to operate this complex program.

    if you want to have a look around the publishing side of it, flick me an
    email and I'll give you the user/pass :)

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Dec 5, 2004