    moderntravel DOT net

    Rainbow Sky Travel
    rainbow sky travel DOT net
    Torrey Lauer, Jun 14, 2005

  2. It installed ok for me. I have a GeForce FX-5500 video card.

    =?Utf-8?B?cmVfYm9vdA==?=, Jun 14, 2005

  3. Works here, what video card do you have?

    Rafael Rivera
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/Rafael

    Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com], Jun 14, 2005
  4. Torrey Lauer

    Torrey Lauer Guest

    I have a GeForce 4 440 Go Display card.

    --
    Torrey Lauer
    Modern Travel Services

    Rainbow Sky Travel
    rainbow sky travel DOT net
    "Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com]" <rafael*at*extended64*dot*com> wrote in
    message news:%...

    Torrey Lauer, Jun 14, 2005
  5. Torrey Lauer <> wrote:
    > I have a GeForce 4 440 Go Display card.
    >

    > Rainbow Sky Travel
    > rainbow sky travel DOT net
    > "Rafael Rivera [Extended64.com]" <rafael*at*extended64*dot*com> wrote
    > in message news:%...
    >> Works here, what video card do you have?
    >>
    >> Rafael Rivera
    >> Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    >> Blog | http://www.extended64.com/blogs/Rafael
    >>
    >> Torrey Lauer wrote:
    >>> Has anyone gotten Nvidia's 64 bit driver to install correctly? I've
    >>> tried to install it, but it tells me that it can't find any
    >>> supported hardware.

    I have the GeForce 4 4600, try the nVidia WinXPAMD64 version 52.14

    --
    Christian Hougardy (MS XP MVP)
    Johannesburg - South Africa
    Christian Hougardy, Jun 14, 2005
  6. Torrey Lauer

    wewa Guest

    I have a 6600 in PCI Express slot on a Xeon and downloaded and installed the
    file:

    nvidia71.84_winxp64_english_whql.exe

    running x64 build 1433 and working quite good with 2 DVI and 2 Widescreen
    LCDs for about 3 weeks now.

    a bit slow when bring up display control panel, but otherwise, all seems to
    be functioning.

    wewa, Jun 14, 2005
  7. Torrey Lauer

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Mon, 13 Jun 2005 23:42:12 -1000, "wewa" <> wrote:

    >a bit slow when bring up display control panel, but otherwise, all seems to
    >be functioning.

    If you are in for experimenting (and who isn't with x64 :) ), you
    could always try optimised versions of later drivers. The drivers on
    the Nvidia website, while official, are not always up-to-date with
    what is going on in the world. I read yesterday about a demo of a
    game, which required a certain version of the drivers, which are newer
    than what's on Nvidia's website. But, they are beta, so install and
    use at your own risk!

    I am using the NGO-optimised 7671-x64 one from
    http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=2
    on my single screen, with all kinds of multimedia-apps, and I haven't
    had any problems with them.

    jud
    Jud Hendrix, Jun 14, 2005
  8. The x64 Nvidia GO card drivers are only available from your laptop
    manufacturer. I have an HP zv5405 and the ones from GURU did not help for
    me. They have worked for other models so give them a shot.

    =?Utf-8?B?Z3JlZ2gxNg==?=, Jun 14, 2005
  9. Torrey Lauer

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 05:10:02 -0700, "gregh16"
    <> wrote:

    >The x64 Nvidia GO card drivers are only available from your laptop
    >manufacturer. I have an HP zv5405 and the ones from GURU did not help for
    >me. They have worked for other models so give them a shot.

    I assume with Nvidia GO, you are talking about a specific type of
    Nvidia card? If so, the NGO-drivers are tuned/modified by a group of
    overclockers/tuners, who call themselves NGO (http://ngohq.com/ which
    brings you to the actual site itself by the way, but there are
    links to other optimised drivers on the Guru3D site).

    jud
    Jud Hendrix, Jun 14, 2005
  10. Torrey Lauer

    wewa Guest

    hmm, i didnt even know there was 'hacked' er, 'optimized' nvidia drivers out
    there...thanks.

    kinda spooky, but if it helps overall performance, non-gaming, then i'd be
    interested.
    a hacked driver on a beta os, now that's going to really be yummy... :eek:

    does this mean that this ngo group believes that nvidia drivers are too
    conservative out of the factory? too buggy? too slow?

    there's even an article about how a beta nvidia driver is better than the
    current x64 release...hmm...
    http://www.techgage.com/review.php?id=1434&page=9

    wewa, Jun 14, 2005
  11. Torrey Lauer

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 04:36:44 -1000, "wewa" <> wrote:

    >does this mean that this ngo group believes that nvidia drivers are too
    >conservative out of the factory? too buggy? too slow?

    They adjust settings for better performance and nicer graphics. You
    could do that yourself probably, with Rivatuner, but then you would
    need to know all the parameters of the drivers. I assume these guys
    know what they are tweaking :)

    jud
    Jud Hendrix, Jun 14, 2005
  12. i have the same card. probably even the same notebook. if you do a manual
    install, ie. use the 'have disk' option you can pick the driver you want. i
    chose the desktop version of the 440 and everything works fine. some people
    have mentioned the NGO drivers. i tried those but found they didnt play well
    with doom3. good luck.

    =?Utf-8?B?enhub3M=?=, Jun 14, 2005
  13. Torrey Lauer

    Torrey Lauer Guest

    zxnos, could you provide a link to the driver you downloaded? I've tried
    every x64 driver on nvidia's site (I think), and nothing seems to work.

    --
    Torrey Lauer
    Modern Travel Services

    Rainbow Sky Travel
    rainbow sky travel DOT net

    Torrey Lauer, Jun 14, 2005
  14. Torrey Lauer

    Torrey Lauer Guest

    Jud,

    I tried that video driver from the website you posted, and it's working
    perfectly! THANKS!

    --
    Torrey Lauer
    Modern Travel Services

    Rainbow Sky Travel
    rainbow sky travel DOT net

    Torrey Lauer, Jun 14, 2005
  15. Torrey Lauer

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 13:46:46 -0500, "Torrey Lauer"
    <> wrote:

    >I tried that video driver from the website you posted, and it's working
    >perfectly! THANKS!

    You're welcome :)

    Jud Hendrix, Jun 14, 2005