    Doees anyone know where I can get a suitable adapter?

    TIA,
    JohnO

    JohnO, Jul 5, 2005

  2. JohnO

    Tony Guest

    On 4 Jul 2005 20:52:12 -0700, "JohnO" <> wrote:

    >Hi Folks,
    >
    >My nVidia 6600GT video card does HDTV component video, but the
    >connector on the back of the card is an s-video mini-DIN type. The card
    >did not come with the Component cable adapter and the suppliers
    >(xpcomputers) have been useless.
    >
    >Doees anyone know where I can get a suitable adapter?
    >
    >TIA,
    >JohnO

    Yes from the suppliers or Agent..

    Tony, Jul 5, 2005

  3. JohnO

    David Preece Guest

    JohnO wrote:
    > My nVidia 6600GT video card does HDTV component video, but the
    > connector on the back of the card is an s-video mini-DIN type.

    From memory, which means I could well be wrong, s-video contains a luma
    channel and a joint cb/cr channel. I.e. pulling it apart into YCbCr or
    even RGB is way beyond trivial. You'd probably do better looking to hook
    the DVI plug (it does have DVI, right) into the HDTV, many of which
    apparently ship with DVI.

    Cheers,
    Dave

    David Preece, Jul 5, 2005
  4. JohnO

    Richard Guest

    David Preece wrote:
    > JohnO wrote:
    >
    >> My nVidia 6600GT video card does HDTV component video, but the
    >> connector on the back of the card is an s-video mini-DIN type.

    > From memory, which means I could well be wrong, s-video contains a luma
    > channel and a joint cb/cr channel. I.e. pulling it apart into YCbCr or
    > even RGB is way beyond trivial. You'd probably do better looking to hook
    > the DVI plug (it does have DVI, right) into the HDTV, many of which
    > apparently ship with DVI.

    its other pins on the same plug, not an adaptor that pulls the svideo signal
    apart to make component.

    Richard, Jul 5, 2005