    notes for more information on product support, feature limitations, driver
    fixes and known compatibility issues.

    Carlos
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jul 26, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    TJD Guest

    Whatever happened to their "nView" multi-display utility? It used to be
    bundled automatically with their driver downloads. It is just not available
    for Vista 64-bit?

    TJD, Jul 27, 2007

  3. TJD:
    NView is part of the NVidia Control Panel.
    Go to Control Panel, Switch to Classic View, and click on the NVidia Control
    Panel.
    Your TV (or second display) must be previously connected so that you can use
    Video and TV option.
    I am not running the 162.22's (I have the 162.18's) so I cannot go further
    on this newer release.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jul 27, 2007
  4. Carlos
    Just curious of your own experience level. I am running a Gforce 8600 (MSI
    build) on a Windows Vista Platform. I have downloaded this driver and I am
    currently using it. The new overscan compensation is great. Here my
    question to you. I am not a gamer but I am using this computer to run a Home
    Theatre . Windows Media Player as well as the major other DVD players all
    have Horizontal line noise on my HDTV (only when playing a DVD). The only
    software DVD player I can get to run a good picture is DVD X Player. DVD X
    Player does not support DTS digital audio but (hard to believe) Windows Media
    Player does. I am not getting a whole lot of help from MSI and Microsoft
    would want me to pay to report the problem.
    It's interesting to me that "DVD X" can write a software thast works on my
    flat panel as well as my HDTV but windows Media player and the others that
    use some of it's resources do not work. Anyway if you know of anybody or
    anywhere I might find some information about my problem I would greatly
    appreciate it.

    Regards

    Steve B

    =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUgQg==?=, Jul 30, 2007
  5. Steve:
    MSI 8600 GTS down here.
    I don't have much experience about plugging TV's to my display adapter
    however, regarding to your issues let me suggest you something.
    First of all, these are my assumptions, based on what you wrote.
    1.- DVD X doesn't produce "horizontal line" noise
    2.- Movie can be viewed with no "horizontal line" noise in your monitor with
    any player you choose

    Download and try the freeware "Media Player Classic"
    (http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Media_Player_Classic.htm) which has now
    a "mod" converting it into "Home Cinema" (v1.0.9.0)
    Go here: http://www.free-codecs.com/Media_Player_Classic_download.htm and
    grab it.
    Media Player Classic has DTS built in decoding.
    In order to get all those audio channels pounding in the air (I'm not at my
    PC at home right now) there is a Filters option that is only available (i.e.
    not grayed) during playback.
    Go there and enable the 5.1 channels (default is 2).
    Good luck!
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jul 30, 2007