NVIdia NForce rc1's are out!

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 2, 2006.

  1. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 2, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 18:02:01 -0700, Carlos
    <> wrote:

    Almost happy, but they're for Vista :-((

    Jud Hendrix, Sep 2, 2006

  3. It appears that they come down through Windows Update as soon as Vista RC1
    is installed. At least that was the first thing that happeded to my Vista
    x64 RC1 after I logged in the first time.

    Colin Barnhorst, Sep 2, 2006
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Sat, 2 Sep 2006 09:45:14 -0600, "Colin Barnhorst"
    <colinbarharst(remove)@msn.com> wrote:

    >It appears that they come down through Windows Update as soon as Vista RC1
    >is installed. At least that was the first thing that happeded to my Vista
    >x64 RC1 after I logged in the first time.

    It seems there will be a Net 3.0 beta as well being released at the same
    time. Did that come down as well?

    jud
    Jud Hendrix, Sep 2, 2006
  5. No. Nor is anything called .net framework 3.0 available as an optional
    update through WU.

    Colin Barnhorst, Sep 2, 2006
  6. Yes. Forgot "Vista" on the subject.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Sep 2, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    I believe .NET Framework 3.0 is included (installed by default) in Vista
    RC1?

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Sep 3, 2006
  8. ..net framework 2.0 is included. .net framework 1.1 is not but will install
    if needed to support some programs. I have not heard of 3.0 being included
    but elements needed for some development projects probably are.

    Colin Barnhorst, Sep 3, 2006
  9. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    I haven't checked myself, I am basing this completely on one of Thurott's
    recent postings that 3.0 is included now! (New to RC1.)

    http://www.winsupersite.com/reviews/winvista_rc1.asp

    (Mixed feelings on Thurott, of course, but you'd think the RC1 review would
    contain accurate information. :p)

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Sep 3, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    I just checked and it looks like it is indeed there.

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Sep 3, 2006
  11. Now all we need is an x64 release of rc1, since only the x86 version is
    generally available at this time.

    =?Utf-8?B?ZGZlaWZlcg==?=, Sep 5, 2006
  12. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    The public x86 Vista release last week was *not* RC1. It was build 5536, a
    pre-RC1 release.
    Build 5600 (RC1) is now available to members of the technical beta program
    (both x86 and x64) and should be making public appearances before long.

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Sep 5, 2006