    stick that MX440 into the system or would I be better of with the
    onboard for less internal clutter.

    I am just after occassional gaming with light 3D usage.
    V, Mar 13, 2005

  2. V

    Dogboy Guest

    V wrote:
    > Just wondering which one is faster in terms of 3D performance?
    >
    > The reason I ask this is I had an old system that has a MX440 card and
    > now I got a new motherboard that has a i865G chipset on it (video
    > onbroad plus an AGP slot). I just want to find out whether I should
    > stick that MX440 into the system or would I be better of with the
    > onboard for less internal clutter.
    >
    > I am just after occassional gaming with light 3D usage.

    Neither are spectacular but the MX440 does have one feature that makes
    its stand out and that is hardware Transfrom and Lighting support.
    Personally I would stick with the MX440 unless you play games that dont
    use T&L. Games like Sims 2 upwards will do significantly better with T&L.

    --
    Dogboy
    Dogboy, Mar 13, 2005

  3. V

    Daniel Guest

    V wrote:
    > Just wondering which one is faster in terms of 3D performance?
    >
    > The reason I ask this is I had an old system that has a MX440 card and
    > now I got a new motherboard that has a i865G chipset on it (video
    > onbroad plus an AGP slot). I just want to find out whether I should
    > stick that MX440 into the system or would I be better of with the
    > onboard for less internal clutter.
    >
    > I am just after occassional gaming with light 3D usage.

    No contest there - MX440 hands down.
    Daniel, Mar 13, 2005
  4. On Sun, 13 Mar 2005 17:56:13 +1300, V <> wrote:

    >Just wondering which one is faster in terms of 3D performance?
    >
    >The reason I ask this is I had an old system that has a MX440 card and
    >now I got a new motherboard that has a i865G chipset on it (video
    >onbroad plus an AGP slot). I just want to find out whether I should
    >stick that MX440 into the system or would I be better of with the
    >onboard for less internal clutter.
    >
    >I am just after occassional gaming with light 3D usage.

    Does the Intel use Shared Memory..?

    If it does don't bother..
    BILL bs.xxxxxxxxxx.corn, Mar 14, 2005