    technology, i dont play games but i do do alot of bryce and poser work.
    Basically is the extra DDR on the card plus the upgrade performance going to
    show a difference in real time?
    Budweiser, Apr 15, 2006

  2. Budweiser

    fred-bloggs Guest

    "Budweiser" <> wrote in
    news:2Pe0g.19809$:

    > Greetings all and one.
    > Dead simple question for you all.
    > Currently i have a MSI FX 5600 installed with 128Mb on the card ---An
    > AGP style one
    > Main system is based on a Soltek SL-86MP-L Which is AGP 4/8
    > compatable. 2.4 Pentium and 2Gb of DDR 400 ram.
    > I have recently aquired a box full of BFG Tech cards----FX5700 OC
    > 256 on the board ,the OC stands for overclocked, should i bother
    > swapping mine out ,or just leave it alone as in real tearms it is not
    > a huge leap forward in technology, i dont play games but i do do alot
    > of bryce and poser work. Basically is the extra DDR on the card plus
    > the upgrade performance going to show a difference in real time?

    There is an updated GPU on the 5700 as well as faster chip clock and
    faster RAM. This is a test of games on various cards including the 5600
    and 5700
    http://tomshardware.co.uk/2004/10/04/vga_charts_iv/page5.html

    The 5700 *shouldn't* be any slower but I don't think you'll notice any
    difference.

    --
    fred
    fred-bloggs, Apr 16, 2006

  3. Budweiser

    Budweiser Guest

    "fred-bloggs" <> wrote in message
    > "Budweiser" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Greetings all and one.
    >> Dead simple question for you all.
    >> Currently i have a MSI FX 5600 installed with 128Mb on the card ---An
    >> AGP style one
    >> Main system is based on a Soltek SL-86MP-L Which is AGP 4/8
    >> compatable. 2.4 Pentium and 2Gb of DDR 400 ram.
    >> I have recently aquired a box full of BFG Tech cards----FX5700 OC
    >> 256 on the board ,the OC stands for overclocked, should i bother
    >> swapping mine out ,or just leave it alone as in real tearms it is not
    >> a huge leap forward in technology, i dont play games but i do do alot
    >> of bryce and poser work. Basically is the extra DDR on the card plus
    >> the upgrade performance going to show a difference in real time?
    >>

    > There is an updated GPU on the 5700 as well as faster chip clock and
    > faster RAM. This is a test of games on various cards including the 5600
    > and 5700
    > http://tomshardware.co.uk/2004/10/04/vga_charts_iv/page5.html
    >
    > The 5700 *shouldn't* be any slower but I don't think you'll notice any
    > difference.
    >
    > --
    > fred

    Thanks for the input---kind of what i had found---going to ebay the cards
    ,if i can be bothered i may swop mine out.I do not game but it may help a
    little with render on bryce and poser.
    Budweiser, Apr 16, 2006