    With Fear for eample how much better is a 7600 GT compared to a 6800
    GT etc etc
    , Jul 3, 2006

  2. doS Guest

    www.nvidia.com

    doS, Jul 4, 2006

  3. Guest

    Ihad looked at that page aalready and it was not really the info I
    wanted.

    If you look at the 6600 GT it gives
    4 billion texels / sec and
    375c million vertices / sec

    the 7600 GT has
    6.7 billion / sec
    700 million / sec

    What I wanted to know was in a real world situation playing, for
    example FEAR, would the 7600 GT give frame rates times 1.7 greater as
    the number suggest.

    By the way I have a TTF screen and so am limited to 1280 by 1024
    resolution. Is there any reason to go to the newer graphic cards ??

    John

    On Mon, 3 Jul 2006 19:35:55 -0400, "doS" <>
    wrote:

    >www.nvidia.com
    >
    ><> wrote in message
    >>I am going to get a new PC but am somewhat confused about what graphic
    >> card to have.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know a www page that lists the relative preformance of the
    >> Nvidia 6 and 7 series cards in all their version. What I would like
    >> to fins is something like a list of frame rates from a few current
    >> games.
    >>
    >> With Fear for eample how much better is a 7600 GT compared to a 6800
    >> GT etc etc

    , Jul 4, 2006
  4. FML Guest

    wrote:
    > I am going to get a new PC but am somewhat confused about what graphic
    > card to have.
    >
    > Does anyone know a www page that lists the relative preformance of the
    > Nvidia 6 and 7 series cards in all their version. What I would like
    > to fins is something like a list of frame rates from a few current
    > games.
    >
    > With Fear for eample how much better is a 7600 GT compared to a 6800
    > GT etc etc

    Try this:

    http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics.html
    FML, Jul 4, 2006
  5. Guest

    On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 02:28:11 -0500, FML <>
    wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> I am going to get a new PC but am somewhat confused about what graphic
    >> card to have.
    >>
    >> Does anyone know a www page that lists the relative preformance of the
    >> Nvidia 6 and 7 series cards in all their version. What I would like
    >> to fins is something like a list of frame rates from a few current
    >> games.
    >>
    >> With Fear for eample how much better is a 7600 GT compared to a 6800
    >> GT etc etc

    >Try this:
    >
    >http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics.html

    Thank you. Just what I needed

    John
    , Jul 4, 2006
  6. FML Guest

    wrote:
    > On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 02:28:11 -0500, FML <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> wrote:
    >>> I am going to get a new PC but am somewhat confused about what graphic
    >>> card to have.
    >>>
    >>> Does anyone know a www page that lists the relative preformance of the
    >>> Nvidia 6 and 7 series cards in all their version. What I would like
    >>> to fins is something like a list of frame rates from a few current
    >>> games.
    >>>
    >>> With Fear for eample how much better is a 7600 GT compared to a 6800
    >>> GT etc etc

    >> Try this:
    >>
    >> http://www23.tomshardware.com/graphics.html

    > Thank you. Just what I needed
    >
    > John

    You're welcome.
    FML, Jul 4, 2006
  7. Dan Evans Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > By the way I have a TTF screen and so am limited to 1280 by 1024

    That it is TFT has nothing to with resolution limits, however, unless you've
    got a shit hot TFT - you're going to lose the upper end of VGA performance
    waiting for the screen to catch up.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Jul 4, 2006