    with the latest drivers, but keeps crashing. Anyone know of any issues
    concerning this card? I've tried Googling it, to no avail......yet!! :)
    TIA!

    Danny, Jan 3, 2006

  2. Danny

    Thip Guest

    "Danny" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Tried to replace my Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 420 with the Subject title and
    > have got in a mess. Running XP with 2.5, 1GB of RAM and loads of HD. Tried
    > it with the latest drivers, but keeps crashing. Anyone know of any issues
    > concerning this card? I've tried Googling it, to no avail......yet!! :)
    > TIA!

    Does it have a fan? If so, is your power supply big enough?

    A shot in the dark; I have a 5700 with a fan and ran into a lot of problems
    because of my power supply being inadequate.

    Thip, Jan 3, 2006

  3. Danny

    Danny Guest

    Yes, it does have a fan. I'm in the UK and we use 240 volt stuff. Gawd only
    knows if it's big enough. How do I tell? Any ideas?

    Danny, Jan 3, 2006
  4. Danny

    The Shed Guest

    "Danny" <> wrote in message
    > Tried to replace my Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 420 with the Subject title and
    > have got in a mess. Running XP with 2.5, 1GB of RAM and loads of HD.
    > Tried it with the latest drivers, but keeps crashing. Anyone know of
    > any issues concerning this card? I've tried Googling it, to no
    > avail......yet!! :) TIA!

    did you unistall the old card (as per the book) before you
    inserted/swopped the old card?

    The Shed, Jan 4, 2006
  5. Danny

    Thip Guest

    "Danny" <> wrote in message
    > Yes, it does have a fan. I'm in the UK and we use 240 volt stuff. Gawd
    > only knows if it's big enough. How do I tell? Any ideas?

    If you still have the box or the manual, it should tell you. If not, check
    the manufacturer's Web site.

    Thip, Jan 4, 2006
  6. Danny

    Danny Guest

    Nothing on the box to suggest that my power supply isn't adequate.
    Everything uninstalled/installed correctly, by the book. Tried it several
    times, without success. Think I'll have to try and exchange it.

    Danny, Jan 4, 2006
  7. Danny

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Danny" <> wrote in message

    > Yes, it does have a fan. I'm in the UK and we use 240 volt stuff. Gawd
    > only knows if it's big enough. How do I tell? Any ideas?

    Voltage hasn't anything to do with, it's the wattage of the PSU. When you
    open the case, you should see a large sticker on the side of the PSU with
    manufacturers name, the wattage, and assorted other info that isn't usually
    important. Ideally you should have 300W minimum, more if it is a newer high
    spec machine.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, Jan 4, 2006
  8. Danny

    Redman Guest

    "Danny" <> wrote in message
    > Tried to replace my Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 420 with the Subject title and

    have
    > got in a mess. Running XP with 2.5, 1GB of RAM and loads of HD. Tried it
    > with the latest drivers, but keeps crashing. Anyone know of any issues
    > concerning this card? I've tried Googling it, to no avail......yet!! :)
    > TIA!

    Have you got the latest drivers for the card from Nvidia? What make/model is
    your Motherboard? Also get the latest chipset drivers for your Motherboard.

    Redman

    Redman, Jan 4, 2006
  9. Danny

    Redman Guest

    "Danny" <> wrote in message
    > Tried to replace my Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 420 with the Subject title and

    have
    > got in a mess. Running XP with 2.5, 1GB of RAM and loads of HD. Tried it
    > with the latest drivers, but keeps crashing. Anyone know of any issues
    > concerning this card? I've tried Googling it, to no avail......yet!! :)
    > TIA!

    Found this on the nvidia site, worth a try.

    a.. Do not run virus protection software in the background while installing
    the drivers. This prevents the driver from configuring itself properly.

    a.. Before installing new drivers make sure you uninstall all NVIDIA display
    drivers from the Windows Control Panel. Browse to the Start Menu > Windows
    Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs and search for "NVIDIA Windows Display
    Drivers" or "NVIDIA Display Drivers" and select remove.

    Redman

    Redman, Jan 4, 2006