    to install it and than uninstall it. My Question, what is the problem with
    the Nvidia firewall?

    Richard

    Richard G Carruthers, Jul 20, 2005

  2. Richard G Carruthers

    -Dan- Guest

    It seems there are several with almost everyone a different problem, probably due to variations with motherboards. I cannot SMTP an e-mail via Comcast servers. The NV firewall seems to slightly corrupt continuation data packets; just enough to cause the server to throw an error. OL or OE works fine with the firewall shutdown.

    I expect you will hear about several different problems.

    --
    --Dan--

    -Dan-, Jul 20, 2005

  3. Richard G Carruthers

    Keith Guest

    On my machine, the firewall would block any app that was 32bit based from
    conecting to the internet. Basically, IE64 worked fine, but IE32 or any
    internet game such as Q3A, FarCry, etc., would not "see" the
    internet...funny since I had never actually installed the NV Firewall
    software to begin with! Only by completely installing it then UNinstalling
    it did everything work...

    -Keith Schaefer

    Keith, Jul 20, 2005
  4. I'm not sure what the technical problem is with the Nvidia firewall, but the
    effect has been to inhibit 32-bit apps from connecting. It doesn't seem to
    cause a problem with 64-bit apps. The fix has been to install it, and then
    UNinstall it -- this seems to remove the problem.

    --
    Please, all replies to the newsgroup.
    ======================

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 20, 2005
  5. It hates 32 bit apps, thats all, kind of a bias little firewall.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 20, 2005
  6. "Andre Da Costa [Extended64]" <> wrote in message
    > It hates 32 bit apps, thats all, kind of a bias little firewall.
    > --
    > Andre

    Andre, I am using the Nvidia Firewall with 2003 SP1 x64, and it works fine
    with IE 32bit. What other 32 bit programs should I try?

    Wayne
    P.S. I am using only the NAM from the latest 6.66 WHQL Nforce4 set. The
    other drivers are from 6.25

    Wayne Wastier, Jul 20, 2005
  7. Ok, just tested Warcraft 3, and after clicking on Allow, it connected to
    Blizzard with no problems. hmmmm

    Wayne

    Wayne Wastier, Jul 20, 2005
  8. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 20, 2005
  9. Richard G Carruthers

    John Barnes Guest

    From what I have seen, if it is installed it works fine, but if it isn't
    installed, there may be some problems with 32-bit access requiring the
    installation and uninstallation of the firewall. Who here is using the
    Nvidia firewall and have you had any problems?

    John Barnes, Jul 20, 2005
  10. Richard G Carruthers

    Aldo Bleeker Guest

    It seems to work fine. Mind you, I'm behind a NAT-router, so I only use
    the anti-hacking options, but I haven't had problems surfing yet.

    Aldo Bleeker

    Aldo Bleeker, Jul 20, 2005
  11. Richard G Carruthers

    -Dan- Guest

    I have it running and it appears to work fine... except for the email problem with continuation data packets, both OE64 and OL2003. I have to disable NVF in order to send larger emails. No other applications, 32 bit or 64 bit, seem to have a problem. I've been pushing 80-90 MB/sec through it and ZoneAlarmFree on my other LAN machine... no problems.

    --
    --Dan--

    -Dan-, Jul 21, 2005
  12. Richard G Carruthers

    -Dan- Guest

    I just dumped it. It caused my system to be unacceptably slow on the Internet, with symptoms similar to having the MTU set to high and causing fragmentation. Disabling it returned the system to normal. So... bye, bye, NV Firewall.

    --
    --Dan--

    -Dan-, Jul 23, 2005