Nvidia 257.21 WHQL

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Maratonmannen, Jun 15, 2010.

  1. Maratonmannen, Jun 15, 2010

  2. Maratonmannen

    Phoenix Guest

    Phoenix, Jun 17, 2010

  3. The audio driver is needed to pass audio to the HDMI output, for the
    GPUs which support HDMI.

    Dominic Payer, Jun 17, 2010
  4. Maratonmannen

    Carlos Guest

    Hi,
    There's usally an audio chipset embedded in the graphic card.
    In the case of ATI card, there's a Realtek digital audio chipset which
    requires an independent driver.
    This chipset works only when you use the HDMI output of the card.
    Your regular speakers are driven by your motherboard audio or a sound card.
    Carlos

    Carlos, Jun 18, 2010
  5. Maratonmannen

    Phoenix Guest

    On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 17:20:06 -0700,
    Carlos<> wrote:
    > Hi,
    > There's usally an audio chipset embedded in the graphic card.
    > In the case of ATI card, there's a Realtek digital audio chipset

    which
    > requires an independent driver.
    > This chipset works only when you use the HDMI output of the card.
    > Your regular speakers are driven by your motherboard audio or a

    sound card.
    > Carlos

    > "Phoenix" wrote:

    > > On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 17:10:03 +0200, "Maratonmannen"
    > > <> wrote:
    > > > Just released.

    http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-winvista-64bit-257.21-whql-driver.htm

    > > > Maratonmannen

    > > Huh...it's says it installs an audio driver too ?
    > > .

    I have the GT8800. Two DVI outs. Would it install the audio driver
    anyway?
    I do have one output going to my TV (DVI to HDMI) but that wouldn't
    make it able to carry sound.

    --
    erborus

    Phoenix, Jun 26, 2010
  6. The "audio driver" installed with both ATI and nVidia video drivers is
    for the HD Audio chip somewhere in the system for HD Audio out the HDMI
    connection. If you don't have an HDMI connection, then it probably
    won't install an audio driver.

    Bobby Johnson, Jun 26, 2010