nVidia 197.13 WHQL

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Maratonmannen, Mar 25, 2010.

  1. Maratonmannen, Mar 25, 2010

  2. Maratonmannen

    Carlos Guest

    Carlos, Mar 25, 2010

  3. Maratonmannen

    James Kosin Guest

    On 3/25/2010 11:43 AM, Maratonmannen wrote:

    > http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_64bit_197.13_whql.html

    Are they sure this one isn't going to follow the same path as the last
    and cause any hardware issues.... like flames coming out of the computer
    case?

    I'll wait a bit for the fallout before upgrading this time.

    James
    James Kosin, Mar 25, 2010
  4. Maratonmannen

    Carlos Guest

    James,
    I agree with you that there's no need to install these kind of drivers (both
    NVidia and ATI) as soon as they come out, though I am usually tempted to do
    so.
    :)
    90% of the changes in each release is focused in squeezing out +0.04% on
    games and +0.1% on benchmarks.
    Just check NVidia "Release Highlights" and it will come clear.
    No real benefits for the real user.
    :)
    Carlos

    Carlos, Mar 25, 2010
  5. Maratonmannen

    Tom Lake Guest

    "James Kosin" <> wrote in message
    > On 3/25/2010 11:43 AM, Maratonmannen wrote:
    >>
    >> http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_64bit_197.13_whql.html
    >>

    > Are they sure this one isn't going to follow the same path as the last
    > and cause any hardware issues.... like flames coming out of the computer
    > case?
    >
    > I'll wait a bit for the fallout before upgrading this time.
    >
    > James

    The same driver has been out since a couple days after the
    discovery of the fan problem. The only difference is that
    it just got its certification. It's well-tested, though.

    Tom Lake
    Tom Lake, Mar 26, 2010
  6. Maratonmannen

    James Kosin Guest

    On 3/25/2010 8:44 PM, Tom Lake wrote:

    > "James Kosin" <> wrote in message
    >> On 3/25/2010 11:43 AM, Maratonmannen wrote:
    >>>
    >>> http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7_winvista_64bit_197.13_whql.html
    >>>

    >> Are they sure this one isn't going to follow the same path as the last
    >> and cause any hardware issues.... like flames coming out of the computer
    >> case?
    >>
    >> I'll wait a bit for the fallout before upgrading this time.
    >>
    >> James

    > The same driver has been out since a couple days after the
    > discovery of the fan problem. The only difference is that
    > it just got its certification. It's well-tested, though.
    >
    > Tom Lake

    Tom,

    Unless I'm mistaken, the one with the fan problem was also just released
    after being well-tested.

    James
    James Kosin, Mar 26, 2010
  7. Maratonmannen

    Franz Leu Guest

    Am 26.03.2010 14:46, schrieb James Kosin:
    > On 3/25/2010 8:44 PM, Tom Lake wrote:
    >>
    >> "James Kosin"<> wrote in message

    >>> Are they sure this one isn't going to follow the same path as the last
    >>> and cause any hardware issues.... like flames coming out of the computer
    >>> case?
    >>>
    >>> I'll wait a bit for the fallout before upgrading this time.
    >>>
    >>> James

    >> The same driver has been out since a couple days after the
    >> discovery of the fan problem. The only difference is that
    >> it just got its certification. It's well-tested, though.
    >>
    >> Tom Lake

    > Tom,
    >
    > Unless I'm mistaken, the one with the fan problem was also just released
    > after being well-tested.
    >
    > James

    .... and I had to step back to 196.21 because 197.13 painted black lines
    as soon as OL2007 was started.
    Something is wrong with this version as well.
    Franz Leu, Mar 26, 2010
  8. Maratonmannen

    roman modic Guest

    roman modic, Mar 26, 2010
  9. Maratonmannen

    roman modic Guest

    Hello!

    "Carlos" <> wrote in message news:...
    > Almost simultaneously, ATI released their March set of drivers for graphic
    > cards.
    > http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx
    > Version 10.3 is out.

    http://vr-zone.com/articles/catalyst-10.3-for-windows-now-supports-mobile-graphics/8684.html
    <quote>
    the Windows release of Catalyst 10.3 finally brings mobile graphics card support to all Mobility Radeon HD graphics cards after the
    2xxx series.
    Unless you happen to own a Sony, Toshiba or Panasonic notebook: these OEMs have decided not to take part in ATI's driver program, so
    if you want to download the latest Catalyst drivers for your Sony/Toshiba/Panasonic notebook from ATI's website, do so at your own
    risk.
    </quote>

    Regards, Roman
    roman modic, Mar 26, 2010