NVidia 158.24's whql are out

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jun 3, 2007.

  1. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jun 3, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Installed the drivers, and things so far are WORSE. with the .18 I was
    getting the driver crash and recovery, which lasted about 3-4 seconds tops.
    This usually occurred with any UAC activity. This driver worked with no
    problem launching the reliability and performance monitor and 1 other item I
    don't remember, but when launching administrative tasks/event viewer, it
    crashed, went blank for about 15 seconds with a frozen mouse, then blinked,
    the mouse unfroze with a black screen and then another 20 seconds later the
    video came back.

    John Barnes, Jun 4, 2007

  3. John:
    This is the first set of NVidia drivers that actually caused me problems.
    My very first BSOD in Vista x64!
    I'm back with the 158.18's and everything is fine now.
    Still don't know how they got the whql thing.
    I've seen also problem reports in the Vista hardware NG with this new set of
    drivers (or should I say "screwers"?).
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Jun 4, 2007
  4. I "upgraded" to 154.24 from 158.18 and the installation appeared to work,
    apart from a puzzling reference to Age of Empires not working. I have no
    games installed.

    However, the nVidia Control Panel was not installed. I use this regularly to
    rotate one of my displays.

    After uninstalling 158.24 I attempted to re-install by running the setup
    program from the installation directory. The message I got was that I
    appeared to be running a 32-bit Uninstaller - yes Uninstaller - on a 64-bit
    system and the installer would now exit.

    I'm back on 158.18.

    Dominic Payer, Jun 4, 2007