    DSC00101. Why didn't they reset to DSC00001? What happens when I get
    to DSC99999? Camera crashes? :) How can I force it to start at 0
    again?
    John, Dec 27, 2003

  2. John

    Big Kahuna Guest

    On 26 Dec 2003 19:25:34 -0800, (John) wrote:

    >I got a Sony DSC-F717 for Xmas and LOVE IT!!!!!! Printed some 4x6's at
    >Sams Club and we can't tell the difference between them and film. But
    >now onto my question.... we shot about 100+ pics on Xmas and they were
    >numbered (example...DSC00001 through like DSC00100. I formatted the
    >memory stick and started taking more photos and the numbers started at
    >DSC00101. Why didn't they reset to DSC00001? What happens when I get
    >to DSC99999? Camera crashes? :) How can I force it to start at 0
    >again?

    The numbering is done by the camera, not the memory stick. When you
    hit 10,000 pictures it is suppose to start over.
    Big Kahuna, Dec 27, 2003

  3. John

    Stewy Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    > I got a Sony DSC-F717 for Xmas and LOVE IT!!!!!! Printed some 4x6's at
    > Sams Club and we can't tell the difference between them and film. But
    > now onto my question.... we shot about 100+ pics on Xmas and they were
    > numbered (example...DSC00001 through like DSC00100. I formatted the
    > memory stick and started taking more photos and the numbers started at
    > DSC00101. Why didn't they reset to DSC00001? What happens when I get
    > to DSC99999? Camera crashes? :) How can I force it to start at 0
    > again?

    Take a look in the manual. Go into the menu settings and find FILE NUMBER,
    set to SERIES numbers are assigned forever upward even if you change the
    memory stick, set to NORMAL the numbering will zero each the memory stick is
    changed or reformatted.
    Stewy, Dec 27, 2003
  4. John

    Ron Hunter Guest

    John wrote:

    > I got a Sony DSC-F717 for Xmas and LOVE IT!!!!!! Printed some 4x6's at
    > Sams Club and we can't tell the difference between them and film. But
    > now onto my question.... we shot about 100+ pics on Xmas and they were
    > numbered (example...DSC00001 through like DSC00100. I formatted the
    > memory stick and started taking more photos and the numbers started at
    > DSC00101. Why didn't they reset to DSC00001? What happens when I get
    > to DSC99999? Camera crashes? :) How can I force it to start at 0
    > again?

    Lave the numbering alone! Being able to reliably put the picture
    numbers in order is a valuable tool for keeping them in some order.

    Check your manual for the way Sony handles pictures in excess of 99999
    but my camera just makes another folder and startes back at 00001.
    Ron Hunter, Dec 27, 2003
  5. John

    ian Guest

    "John" <> wrote in message
    > I got a Sony DSC-F717 for Xmas and LOVE IT!!!!!! Printed some 4x6's at
    > Sams Club and we can't tell the difference between them and film. But
    > now onto my question.... we shot about 100+ pics on Xmas and they were
    > numbered (example...DSC00001 through like DSC00100. I formatted the
    > memory stick and started taking more photos and the numbers started at
    > DSC00101. Why didn't they reset to DSC00001? What happens when I get
    > to DSC99999? Camera crashes? :) How can I force it to start at 0
    > again?

    if you keep resetting the number each time you load pictures to your pc you
    run the risk of overwriting the previous pictures. Run to 999999 and then
    change the folder to sony#2 and carry on
    ian, Dec 27, 2003