    work.

    I'd appreciate any answers I can get on this frustrating project.

    thanks, perila
    2004, Aug 31, 2005

  2. 2004

    Toolman Tim Guest

    2004 wrote:
    > Hi - I copied a series of documents from my WordPerfect 10 program
    > over to Microsoft Word 2002.- where I hoped to establish one master
    > copy of all the documents for a book I'm writing, but am unable to
    > establish a running set of page numbers Microsoft Word.
    >
    > In WordPerfect I did remove all page numbering codes before copying
    > the docs over to Microsoft Word.
    >
    > What could I be doing wrong. - or maybe what I'm tryhing to do just
    > won't work.
    >
    > I'd appreciate any answers I can get on this frustrating project.
    >
    > thanks, perila

    Like clicking on "Insert" on the menu, and clicking "Page numbers"? Or are
    you not explaining the problem coherently?

    --
    Indecision is the key to flexibility.
    Toolman Tim, Sep 1, 2005

  3. 2004

    2004 Guest

    "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    > 2004 wrote:
    >> Hi - I copied a series of documents from my WordPerfect 10 program
    >> over to Microsoft Word 2002.- where I hoped to establish one master
    >> copy of all the documents for a book I'm writing, but am unable to
    >> establish a running set of page numbers Microsoft Word.
    >>
    >> In WordPerfect I did remove all page numbering codes before copying
    >> the docs over to Microsoft Word.
    >>
    >> What could I be doing wrong. - or maybe what I'm tryhing to do just
    >> won't work.
    >>
    >> I'd appreciate any answers I can get on this frustrating project.
    >>
    >> thanks, perila

    > Like clicking on "Insert" on the menu, and clicking "Page numbers"? Or are
    > you not explaining the problem coherently?
    >
    > --
    > Indecision is the key to flexibility.

    Hi - thanks for responding - you're right - I was incoherent - I did click
    'insert' on the menu and chose page numbering - but the pages numbers
    showed only on pages 1 to 3.

    I also tried numbering pages in Headers - and didn't have success there
    either.

    2004, Sep 1, 2005
  4. 2004

    Toolman Tim Guest

    2004 wrote:
    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> 2004 wrote:
    >>> Hi - I copied a series of documents from my WordPerfect 10 program
    >>> over to Microsoft Word 2002.- where I hoped to establish one master
    >>> copy of all the documents for a book I'm writing, but am unable to
    >>> establish a running set of page numbers Microsoft Word.
    >>>
    >>> In WordPerfect I did remove all page numbering codes before copying
    >>> the docs over to Microsoft Word.
    >>>
    >>> What could I be doing wrong. - or maybe what I'm tryhing to do just
    >>> won't work.
    >>>
    >>> I'd appreciate any answers I can get on this frustrating project.
    >>>
    >>> thanks, perila

    >> Like clicking on "Insert" on the menu, and clicking "Page numbers"?
    >> Or are you not explaining the problem coherently?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Indecision is the key to flexibility.

    > Hi - thanks for responding - you're right - I was incoherent - I did
    > click 'insert' on the menu and chose page numbering - but the pages
    > numbers showed only on pages 1 to 3.
    >
    > I also tried numbering pages in Headers - and didn't have success
    > there either.

    Okay - I don't use Word much, but in my DTP program sometimes a page has
    retained settings from a previous layout. Perhaps you could try selecting
    all the pages (ctrl-home, hold down shift, ctrl-end) and then try the insert
    page number again.

    --
    Indecision is the key to flexibility.
    Toolman Tim, Sep 1, 2005
  5. "2004" <> wrote in message

    > "Toolman Tim" <> wrote in message
    >> 2004 wrote:
    >>> Hi - I copied a series of documents from my WordPerfect 10 program
    >>> over to Microsoft Word 2002.- where I hoped to establish one master
    >>> copy of all the documents for a book I'm writing, but am unable to
    >>> establish a running set of page numbers Microsoft Word.
    >>>
    >>> In WordPerfect I did remove all page numbering codes before copying
    >>> the docs over to Microsoft Word.
    >>>
    >>> What could I be doing wrong. - or maybe what I'm tryhing to do just
    >>> won't work.
    >>>
    >>> I'd appreciate any answers I can get on this frustrating project.
    >>>
    >>> thanks, perila

    >> Like clicking on "Insert" on the menu, and clicking "Page numbers"? Or
    >> are you not explaining the problem coherently?
    >>
    >> --
    >> Indecision is the key to flexibility.

    > Hi - thanks for responding - you're right - I was incoherent - I did click
    > 'insert' on the menu and chose page numbering - but the pages numbers
    > showed only on pages 1 to 3.
    >
    > I also tried numbering pages in Headers - and didn't have success there
    > either.

    You have a section break - and numbering needs to be set for each section.
    View/headers and footers and then look at icon for "same as previous."
    Geoff Pearson, Sep 1, 2005
  6. 2004

    2004 Guest

    Thanks - It worked beautifully -
    no more headaches trying to figure it out.

    You guys are so terrific ....

    2004, Sep 1, 2005