Number rewrite with Trixbox

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Sparks, Dec 3, 2006.

  1. Sparks

    Sparks Guest

    Hi,

    Is there an easy way (preferably with the web interface) to have a number
    rewrite with Trixbox?

    I would like the following to happen...

    User dials 118XXX - system actually calls an 0800 number, via a preset
    trunk.

    I have tried creating an outgoing rule that matches "118XXX" and passes it
    to my Sipgate trunk, then in the Sipgate trunk I have "118XXX|+0800NUMBER"

    This does not work, it seems I can only use the + to prefix numbers, not
    suffix them.

    I also tried this in the Sipgate trunk "0044800NUMBER+118XXX"

    This then passes "0044800NUMBER118XXX" but unlike the PSTN, the irelevent
    digits are not ignored, and Sipgate tells me an error has occurred.

    Any ideas people!

    Ta!

    --

    Sparks...

    Sparks, Dec 3, 2006

  2. Sparks

    Graham Guest

    "Sparks" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there an easy way (preferably with the web interface) to have a number
    > rewrite with Trixbox?
    >
    > I would like the following to happen...
    >
    > User dials 118XXX - system actually calls an 0800 number, via a preset
    > trunk.
    >

    > I have tried creating an outgoing rule that matches "118XXX" and passes it
    > to my Sipgate trunk, then in the Sipgate trunk I have "118XXX|+0800NUMBER"
    >
    > This does not work, it seems I can only use the + to prefix numbers, not
    > suffix them.
    >
    > I also tried this in the Sipgate trunk "0044800NUMBER+118XXX"
    >
    > This then passes "0044800NUMBER118XXX" but unlike the PSTN, the irelevent
    > digits are not ignored, and Sipgate tells me an error has occurred.
    >
    > Any ideas people!
    >
    > Ta!
    >
    > --

    Assumming I have correctly guessed what you are doing, can
    I ask if you have succesfully pre-registered for 0800118FREE
    service trial?
    When I try I get dumped on a "Page not found"
    --

    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%

    Graham, Dec 3, 2006

  3. Sparks

    Graham Guest

    > When I try I get dumped on a "Page not found"

    Never mind, I just tried again and it worked/
    --

    Graham.
    %Profound_observation%

    Graham, Dec 3, 2006
  4. Sparks

    Jono Guest

    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there an easy way (preferably with the web interface) to have a number
    > rewrite with Trixbox?
    >
    > I would like the following to happen...
    >
    > User dials 118XXX - system actually calls an 0800 number, via a preset
    > trunk.
    >

    > I have tried creating an outgoing rule that matches "118XXX" and passes it
    > to my Sipgate trunk, then in the Sipgate trunk I have "118XXX|+0800NUMBER"
    >
    > This does not work, it seems I can only use the + to prefix numbers, not
    > suffix them.
    >
    > I also tried this in the Sipgate trunk "0044800NUMBER+118XXX"
    >
    > This then passes "0044800NUMBER118XXX" but unlike the PSTN, the irelevent
    > digits are not ignored, and Sipgate tells me an error has occurred.
    >
    > Any ideas people!
    >
    > Ta!
    >
    > --
    >
    > Sparks...

    I resorted to either deal with it in my Sipura Dial Plans, or in
    extensions.custom.conf add something like this:

    exten => 118118,1,Dial(SIP/0800800150@TRUNK)

    With this near the top of extensions.custom.conf, anyone dialling 118118
    will actually be passed to the 0800 number.

    Perhaps exten => _118XXX,1,Dial(SIP/0800800150@TRUNK) would let you cater
    for any 118 number.......not played much with variables myself.

    BTW what's the 0800 number you want to translate to? If it's a directories
    number, it won't last long if you post it here, though.

    Jono, Dec 3, 2006
  5. Sparks

    Jono Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message

    > BTW what's the 0800 number you want to translate to? If it's a directories
    > number, it won't last long if you post it here, though.

    Seen the other thread in uk.t.

    Jono, Dec 3, 2006
  6. Sparks

    Sparks Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message

    > "Sparks" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Is there an easy way (preferably with the web interface) to have a number
    >> rewrite with Trixbox?
    >>
    >> I would like the following to happen...
    >>
    >> User dials 118XXX - system actually calls an 0800 number, via a preset
    >> trunk.
    >>

    >> I have tried creating an outgoing rule that matches "118XXX" and passes
    >> it to my Sipgate trunk, then in the Sipgate trunk I have
    >> "118XXX|+0800NUMBER"
    >>
    >> This does not work, it seems I can only use the + to prefix numbers, not
    >> suffix them.
    >>
    >> I also tried this in the Sipgate trunk "0044800NUMBER+118XXX"
    >>
    >> This then passes "0044800NUMBER118XXX" but unlike the PSTN, the irelevent
    >> digits are not ignored, and Sipgate tells me an error has occurred.
    >>
    >> Any ideas people!
    >>
    >> Ta!
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> Sparks...

    > I resorted to either deal with it in my Sipura Dial Plans, or in
    > extensions.custom.conf add something like this:
    >
    > exten => 118118,1,Dial(SIP/0800800150@TRUNK)
    >
    > With this near the top of extensions.custom.conf, anyone dialling 118118
    > will actually be passed to the 0800 number.
    >
    > Perhaps exten => _118XXX,1,Dial(SIP/0800800150@TRUNK) would let you cater
    > for any 118 number.......not played much with variables myself.
    >
    > BTW what's the 0800 number you want to translate to? If it's a directories
    > number, it won't last long if you post it here, though.

    Great, this works a treat :)
    _118XXX,1,Dial(SIP/08001183733@Spigate1)
    Now any 6 digit 118 number will route to this 0800 number :)

    Thanks!

    (0800 118 FREE(3733)) is an advert sponsored free directory service from
    118118)

    Apparently you need to register on http://www.118.com/ but I just called it
    from a number I didn't register, and it still seems to work anyway!

    Sparks...

    Sparks, Dec 4, 2006
  7. Sparks

    Jono Guest

    > Great, this works a treat :)
    > _118XXX,1,Dial(SIP/08001183733@Spigate1)
    > Now any 6 digit 118 number will route to this 0800 number :)

    Glad it worked.

    > Thanks!

    No probs.

    > (0800 118 FREE(3733)) is an advert sponsored free directory service from
    > 118118)

    Yes, I noticed the other thread in uk.t after I'd asked.

    > Apparently you need to register on http://www.118.com/ but I just called
    > it from a number I didn't register, and it still seems to work anyway!

    I just tried it on an unregistered line, with a withheld CLI & it worked. I
    even got the correct number read back to me. Very clever, if a bit tedious.

    Jono, Dec 4, 2006
  8. Sparks

    Sparks Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message
    > "Sparks" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Great, this works a treat :)
    >> _118XXX,1,Dial(SIP/08001183733@Spigate1)
    >> Now any 6 digit 118 number will route to this 0800 number :)

    > Glad it worked.
    >
    >> Thanks!

    > No probs.
    >

    >> (0800 118 FREE(3733)) is an advert sponsored free directory service from
    >> 118118)

    > Yes, I noticed the other thread in uk.t after I'd asked.
    >
    >> Apparently you need to register on http://www.118.com/ but I just called
    >> it from a number I didn't register, and it still seems to work anyway!

    > I just tried it on an unregistered line, with a withheld CLI & it worked.
    > I even got the correct number read back to me. Very clever, if a bit
    > tedious.

    I am not so sure if it is using voice recognition as you might expect, it
    asks for the name you are looking for, then the address - but there is no
    feedback, it just seems to record you for X amount of time (If you are still
    speaking after the time has expired, it doesn't wait for you to stop
    speaking), then it takes ages to return with your number - It's probably
    someone listening and doing a manual search!

    Sparks...

    Sparks, Dec 4, 2006
  9. Sparks

    Jono Guest

    >> I just tried it on an unregistered line, with a withheld CLI & it worked.
    >> I even got the correct number read back to me. Very clever, if a bit
    >> tedious.

    > I am not so sure if it is using voice recognition as you might expect, it
    > asks for the name you are looking for, then the address - but there is no
    > feedback, it just seems to record you for X amount of time (If you are
    > still speaking after the time has expired, it doesn't wait for you to stop
    > speaking), then it takes ages to return with your number - It's probably
    > someone listening and doing a manual search!

    It's funny you should make that last comment. I said exactly the same to a
    colleague.

    Are you listening in on my conversations?

    Jono, Dec 4, 2006
  10. Sparks

    Sparks Guest

    "Jono" <> wrote in message

    > "Sparks" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
    >

    >>> I just tried it on an unregistered line, with a withheld CLI & it
    >>> worked. I even got the correct number read back to me. Very clever, if a
    >>> bit tedious.

    >> I am not so sure if it is using voice recognition as you might expect, it
    >> asks for the name you are looking for, then the address - but there is no
    >> feedback, it just seems to record you for X amount of time (If you are
    >> still speaking after the time has expired, it doesn't wait for you to
    >> stop speaking), then it takes ages to return with your number - It's
    >> probably someone listening and doing a manual search!

    > It's funny you should make that last comment. I said exactly the same to a
    > colleague.
    >
    > Are you listening in on my conversations?

    Maybe :)

    ....and stop looking at those disgusting web sites!!

    Sparks, Dec 5, 2006