Number of recommended users to support

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by =?Utf-8?B?dGxjY2Fy?=, Jun 15, 2004.

  1. Is there any publication from Microsoft that recommends how many users or nodes a single MCSE can support?

    =?Utf-8?B?dGxjY2Fy?=, Jun 15, 2004

  2. =?Utf-8?B?dGxjY2Fy?=

    Jtyc Guest

    > Is there any publication from Microsoft that recommends how many users or
    nodes a single MCSE can support?

    No.

    I myself can handle .375 users.

    Jtyc, Jun 15, 2004

  3. =?Utf-8?B?dGxjY2Fy?=

    ME Guest

    > I myself can handle .375 users.
    ..375 users?
    must be typo :)

    > > Is there any publication from Microsoft that recommends how many users

    or
    > nodes a single MCSE can support?

    depend on how dump users are. 50 dump users surely drive you nut ...

    ME, Jun 15, 2004
  4. =?Utf-8?B?dGxjY2Fy?=

    TechGeekPro Guest

    "ME" <> wrote in message
    > > I myself can handle .375 users.

    > .375 users?
    > must be typo :)

    I doubt it. Jtyc has been known to be a smart ass.
    I personally can only handle one user; and I handle myself quite regularly.

    TechGeekPro, Jun 16, 2004
  5. =?Utf-8?B?dGxjY2Fy?=

    Neil Guest

    "TechGeekPro" <%username%@yahoo.com> wrote in news:R_6dnYovw8WtEFLdRVn-
    :

    > and I handle myself quite regularly.

    somethings I don't need to know...

    (now if this had been Kat's posting...)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jun 16, 2004
  6. =?Utf-8?B?dGxjY2Fy?=

    Neil Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?dGxjY2Fy?= <> wrote in

    > Is there any publication from Microsoft that recommends how many users
    > or nodes a single MCSE can support?

    asked and answered at least once. try google or dig a bit at
    www.microsoft.com/learning

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jun 16, 2004
  7. I only handle my own nodes.

    Nettransplant, Jun 16, 2004
  8. =?Utf-8?B?dGxjY2Fy?=

    Neil Guest

    "Nettransplant" <> wrote in

    > I only handle my own nodes.

    don't do it in public, please. unless you are female in which case could
    you post a little something...
    :)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30 (singing a song by the Odds)

    Neil, Jun 16, 2004
  9. =?Utf-8?B?dGxjY2Fy?=

    Kat Guest

    "Neil" <> wrote in message
    > "TechGeekPro" <%username%@yahoo.com> wrote in news:R_6dnYovw8WtEFLdRVn-
    > :
    >
    > > and I handle myself quite regularly.

    > somethings I don't need to know...
    >
    > (now if this had been Kat's posting...)
    >
    > --
    > Neil MCNGP #30

    I handle myself quite well thank you

    *purrs*

    Kat, Jun 16, 2004
  10. =?Utf-8?B?dGxjY2Fy?=

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?dGxjY2Fy?= <> wrote in

    > Is there any publication from Microsoft that recommends how many users
    > or nodes a single MCSE can support?

    that's an impossible question to answer. because each buisiness is unique.

    a MCSE that really knows his stuff? he/she can probably support 1000's of
    users. and being MCSE certified has nothing to do with it. the person just
    has lots of experiece and knowledge. that' that.

    you are also going to have to pay this guy/gal an arm and a leg for their
    expertise.

    hope that helps.

    Rowdy Yates, MCSE
    --
    Rowdy's Home Page
    http://rowdy_yates2.tripod.com/

    Rowdy Yates, Jun 16, 2004
  11. =?Utf-8?B?dGxjY2Fy?=

    Rowdy Yates Guest

    just to add to my post.

    most experience people don't want to support many users. that's what 1st
    level support is for.

    so if you question is, how many users can a 1st level support personnel
    support?

    i think there is an organization that actually does stats for that stuff.
    can't remember their name. but i do rememeber numbers.

    it used to be 30 to 50 users per one support person. but i don't that that
    refects real world. and there are too many variables, i.e. how many things
    does he/she exactly support?

    i have a funny feeling the real world number is over 100 users per support
    person. software & hardware has made huge strides in the last 5 to 10
    years. lots of things can be streamlined and automated to enable 1st
    support to handle more "dummy user" calls.

    hope that helps.

    Rowdy Yates <> wrote in

    > =?Utf-8?B?dGxjY2Fy?= <> wrote in
    >
    >> Is there any publication from Microsoft that recommends how many
    >> users or nodes a single MCSE can support?

    > that's an impossible question to answer. because each buisiness is
    > unique.
    >
    > a MCSE that really knows his stuff? he/she can probably support 1000's
    > of users. and being MCSE certified has nothing to do with it. the
    > person just has lots of experiece and knowledge. that' that.
    >
    > you are also going to have to pay this guy/gal an arm and a leg for
    > their expertise.
    >
    > hope that helps.
    >

    > Rowdy Yates, MCSE

    Rowdy Yates, MCSE

    Rowdy Yates, Jun 16, 2004
  12. =?Utf-8?B?dGxjY2Fy?=

    Guest Guest

    im here supporting 250 users on my own its no prob could
    nearly dooble that, (as long as macola dont make another
    change), but ya do get the acational trouble makers that
    have to do everthing wrong

    Guest, Jun 16, 2004
  13. =?Utf-8?B?dGxjY2Fy?=

    Neil Guest

    "Kat" <> wrote in news:ewaLpm0UEHA.2972
    @TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

    > I handle myself quite well thank you

    CUT THAT OUT!!! don't you know how distracting that is...

    (I need a cold shower...or pics)

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jun 16, 2004
  14. =?Utf-8?B?dGxjY2Fy?=

    fygar Guest

    On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 14:52:01 -0700, tlccar
    <> wrote:

    >Is there any publication from Microsoft that recommends how many users or nodes a single MCSE can support?

    One good MCSE can support the screw ups of at least three braindumping
    Jr Administrators.

    ....butch

    fygar, Jun 16, 2004
  15. =?Utf-8?B?dGxjY2Fy?=

    Neil Guest

    fygar <> wrote in

    > One good MCSE can support the screw ups of at least three braindumping
    > Jr Administrators.

    I can do 8. and they can REALLY screw up on the hell desk.

    --
    Neil MCNGP #30

    Neil, Jun 16, 2004
  16. =?Utf-8?B?dGxjY2Fy?=

    billyw Guest

    is that handle as in "handle" as in give relief to?

    billyw, Jun 16, 2004
  17. =?Utf-8?B?dGxjY2Fy?=

    billyw Guest

    no ..
    basically as many as want to pay

    billyw, Jun 16, 2004
  18. =?Utf-8?B?dGxjY2Fy?=

    fygar Guest

    On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 05:51:54 -0700, Neil <>
    wrote:

    >fygar <> wrote in
    >
    >> One good MCSE can support the screw ups of at least three braindumping
    >> Jr Administrators.

    >I can do 8. and they can REALLY screw up on the hell desk.

    Show off.

    ....b

    fygar, Jun 16, 2004
  19. =?Utf-8?B?dGxjY2Fy?=

    Consultant Guest

    this is very subjective and varies by environment. take for instance the
    environment i work in, where there is 2 admins for each user. this formula
    equates to one half of a full time employee to one full time admin. now lets
    look at our security group. 5 security professionals (consultants) per 1
    user. this formula looks staggering, but is completely necessary :-| . here
    is the logic, the more security professionals, the more the secure the
    environment. this formula works out to 0.2 full time security professional
    to 1 full time employee. i would like to also touch on management and the
    various layers, but unfortunately, do not have time to go into these
    formulas. your tax dollars hard at work.

    Consultant, Jun 16, 2004
  20. =?Utf-8?B?dGxjY2Fy?=

    Jtyc Guest

    > I doubt it. Jtyc has been known to be a smart ass.

    Me?? How did I get that label?

    *boggle*

    Jtyc, Jun 16, 2004