    Just West Of Nowhere
    Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
    http://www.NuBoy-Industries.comm
    Old Gringo, Mar 6, 2009

  2. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    Two Cents To The Old Gringo Post:
    > To make a long story short, Don't bother.
    >
    > Couldn't fine a name but did find this:
    > Mr Tuffy, all the way.
    > > HTH, you daft codswollop :)

    > I guess I should have listened. I have a set of Holly Rollers on the
    > way. <g>

    SP correction Holy Roller.

    --
    Old Gringo
    Old Gringo, Mar 6, 2009

  3. Old Gringo

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2009-03-06, Old Gringo <> wrote:
    > In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    > Two Cents To The Old Gringo Post:
    >> To make a long story short, Don't bother.
    >>
    >> Couldn't fine a name but did find this:
    >> Mr Tuffy, all the way.
    >> > HTH, you daft codswollop :)

    >> I guess I should have listened. I have a set of Holly Rollers on the
    >> way. <g>

    > SP correction Holy Roller.

    I think I like the idea of holly rollers, though.

    I once tried solid tyres on my pedal-cycle, being fed up with getting
    punctures on the way to the office. Never again. Slow, hard work, hard
    ride, and very bad for the wheels. I found one of those 'gloop' things
    that you put into the tyre before you get a puncture so that the gloop
    plugs the hole well enough to get you home, and a CO2 cartridge inflator.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Mar 6, 2009
  4. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    Two Cents To The Whiskers Post:
    > On 2009-03-06, Old Gringo <> wrote:
    >> In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    >> Two Cents To The Old Gringo Post:
    >>> To make a long story short, Don't bother.
    >>>
    >>> Couldn't fine a name but did find this:
    >>> Mr Tuffy, all the way.
    >>>
    >>> I guess I should have listened. I have a set of Holly Rollers on the
    >>> way. <g>

    >> SP correction Holy Roller.

    > I think I like the idea of holly rollers, though.
    >
    > I once tried solid tyres on my pedal-cycle, being fed up with getting
    > punctures on the way to the office. Never again. Slow, hard work, hard
    > ride, and very bad for the wheels. I found one of those 'gloop' things
    > that you put into the tyre before you get a puncture so that the gloop
    > plugs the hole well enough to get you home, and a CO2 cartridge inflator.

    I rode the NuTecks to the store and thought I might have to push it
    home. <g> The road resistance is so great there is no pleasure in
    riding at all. Talking with the sales rep he told me going form an
    80-90 pressure to a 140 pressure would solve the problem. Just send
    the tires back with $30.00 for the upgrade. I don't want to take any
    chances so I told him I would keep the ones I have and give them to
    the Museum Thrift Store. The Holy Rollers are suppose to have low
    resistance with a good tread. I also have thorn resistant tubes
    coming. I may try the Mr. Tuffy liner also as time goes by. I
    haven't owned a bike in 70 years and things sure have changed.

    Old Gringo, Mar 6, 2009
  5. Old Gringo

    Whiskers Guest

    On 2009-03-06, Old Gringo <> wrote:
    > In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    > Two Cents To The Whiskers Post:
    >> On 2009-03-06, Old Gringo <> wrote:
    >>> In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    >>> Two Cents To The Old Gringo Post:

    >>> SP correction Holy Roller.

    >> I think I like the idea of holly rollers, though.
    >>
    >> I once tried solid tyres on my pedal-cycle, being fed up with getting
    >> punctures on the way to the office. Never again. Slow, hard work, hard
    >> ride, and very bad for the wheels. I found one of those 'gloop' things
    >> that you put into the tyre before you get a puncture so that the gloop
    >> plugs the hole well enough to get you home, and a CO2 cartridge inflator.
    >>

    > I rode the NuTecks to the store and thought I might have to push it
    > home. <g> The road resistance is so great there is no pleasure in
    > riding at all. Talking with the sales rep he told me going form an
    > 80-90 pressure to a 140 pressure would solve the problem. Just send
    > the tires back with $30.00 for the upgrade. I don't want to take any
    > chances so I told him I would keep the ones I have and give them to
    > the Museum Thrift Store. The Holy Rollers are suppose to have low
    > resistance with a good tread. I also have thorn resistant tubes
    > coming. I may try the Mr. Tuffy liner also as time goes by. I
    > haven't owned a bike in 70 years and things sure have changed.

    My own experience is that the cheap, stiff, heavy, tyres sold for
    chainstore roadsters and shopping bikes, are more puncture-resistant than
    any of the expensive high-performance tyres - even the kevlar-belted ones!
    I've picked bits of wire and stone out of the treads of 'cheapies' that
    would have shredded my 100psi 700x25s. You just have to balance
    reliability with speed.

    The puncture-resistant 'liners' that you insert into the casing yourself,
    can cause more punctures than they prevent. It only takes one wrinkle or
    crease.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Mar 6, 2009
  6. Old Gringo

    chuckcar Guest

    Old Gringo <> wrote in

    > In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    > Two Cents To The Whiskers Post:
    >> On 2009-03-06, Old Gringo <> wrote:
    >>> In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    >>> Two Cents To The Old Gringo Post:

    >>> SP correction Holy Roller.

    >> I think I like the idea of holly rollers, though.
    >>
    >> I once tried solid tyres on my pedal-cycle, being fed up with getting
    >> punctures on the way to the office. Never again. Slow, hard work,
    >> hard ride, and very bad for the wheels. I found one of those 'gloop'
    >> things that you put into the tyre before you get a puncture so that the
    >> gloop plugs the hole well enough to get you home, and a CO2 cartridge
    >> inflator.
    >>

    > I rode the NuTecks to the store and thought I might have to push it
    > home. <g> The road resistance is so great there is no pleasure in
    > riding at all. Talking with the sales rep he told me going form an
    > 80-90 pressure to a 140 pressure would solve the problem.

    Riight. A higher pressure, undoubtedly thinner tire isn't going to
    puncture as easily. Pretty sad blantent sales attempt. If you want less
    punctures, go for a *wider* tire. Even if it means new wheels. Make sure
    your forks can handle the width before buying though. Less pressure per
    square inch on the road. It works. I *never* had more punctures than when
    I went from a 1 3/8" tire to a 1" tire. I even went to a super thick tube
    to fix it. It worked better, but they're a PITA to put in the tire and on
    the wheel and I still got more punctures - had to watch for rocks larger
    than 1" in width before. Not easy when you're doing over 40 Km/h.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Mar 6, 2009
  7. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    Two Cents To The chuckcar Post:
    > Old Gringo <> wrote in
    >
    >> In The Beginning God Created The Heavens And Earth, Then I Added My
    >> Two Cents To The Whiskers Post:

    >>> I think I like the idea of holly rollers, though.
    >>>
    >>> I once tried solid tyres on my pedal-cycle, being fed up with getting
    >>> punctures on the way to the office. Never again. Slow, hard work,
    >>> hard ride, and very bad for the wheels. I found one of those 'gloop'
    >>> things that you put into the tyre before you get a puncture so that the
    >>> gloop plugs the hole well enough to get you home, and a CO2 cartridge
    >>> inflator.
    >>>

    >> I rode the NuTecks to the store and thought I might have to push it
    >> home. <g> The road resistance is so great there is no pleasure in
    >> riding at all. Talking with the sales rep he told me going form an
    >> 80-90 pressure to a 140 pressure would solve the problem.

    > Riight. A higher pressure, undoubtedly thinner tire isn't going to
    > puncture as easily. Pretty sad blantent sales attempt. If you want less
    > punctures, go for a *wider* tire. Even if it means new wheels. Make sure
    > your forks can handle the width before buying though. Less pressure per
    > square inch on the road. It works. I *never* had more punctures than when
    > I went from a 1 3/8" tire to a 1" tire. I even went to a super thick tube
    > to fix it. It worked better, but they're a PITA to put in the tire and on
    > the wheel and I still got more punctures - had to watch for rocks larger
    > than 1" in width before. Not easy when you're doing over 40 Km/h.

    I have 26x2.4 coming, with thorn resistant tubes hoping that will
    lessen the problem a bit.

    Old Gringo, Mar 6, 2009
  8. Old Gringo

    OldGringo Guest

    Two Cents To The Old Gringo Post:
    > To make a long story short, Don't bother.
    >
    > Couldn't fine a name but did find this:
    > Mr Tuffy, all the way.
    > > HTH, you daft codswollop :)

    > I guess I should have listened. I have a set of Holly Rollers on the
    > way. <g>

    Last word: I wouldn't recommend Nu-Teck tires to my worst enemy.

    OldGringo, Mar 13, 2009