NTVDM

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Luke O'Malley, Sep 16, 2005.

  1. When I try to use regedit the below msg comes up. You are offered
    the option to 'Close' or 'Ignore'. You can actually only close.

    From what I have been able to find, it seems it is related to 16
    programs running on the system -no cure.

    C:\WINDOWS\system32\regedit.com
    "The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
    C5:00cf IP:0656 OP:fe ac 06 d9 02 Choose 'Close' to terminate the
    application.

    Goodwill,
    Luke
    Luke O'Malley, Sep 16, 2005

  2. Luke O'Malley

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Regedit.com is not a valid windows file, You have a virus. The correct
    command is regedit.exe and that file should be located in your c:\windows
    folder. Make sure you have regedit.exe in the windows folder then delete the
    regedit.com from the system32 folder. Update your antivirus software, do a
    complete scan. Download, install, update and run all of the following.

    Ad-Aware
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/aawsepersonal.exe

    Spybot search and destroy
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe

    Ewido Security Suite Trial version

    Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

    a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to this group so that
    I can analyze it. Ignore anyone who tells you to post it elsewhere. I need
    to see it not them.

    HijackThis

    pcbutts1, Sep 16, 2005

  3. In article l4IWe.2624$,
    "pcbutts1" <> said:
    -->
    -->
    -->Regedit.com is not a valid windows file, You have a virus. The
    -->correct
    -->command is regedit.exe and that file should be located in your
    -->c:\windows
    -->folder. Make sure you have regedit.exe in the windows folder then
    -->delete the
    -->regedit.com from the system32 folder.

    Done

    Update your antivirus
    -->software, do a
    -->complete scan.

    Pending

    Download, install, update and run all of the
    -->following.
    -->
    -->Ad-Aware
    -->http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/aawsepersonal.exe
    -->

    Running Now

    -->Spybot search and destroy
    -->http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe

    Downloaded
    -->
    -->Ewido Security Suite Trial version
    -->http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/ewidosetup.exe

    Downloaded
    -->
    -->Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)
    -->http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6
    -->A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

    Pending

    -->
    -->If none of the above fixes the issue then download Hijack this,
    -->run it, save
    -->a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to this
    -->group so that
    -->I can analyze it. Ignore anyone who tells you to post it
    -->elsewhere. I need
    -->to see it not them.
    -->
    -->
    -->HijackThis
    -->http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/HijackThis.zip
    -->
    -->
    -->
    -->
    -->--
    -->
    -->
    -->The best live web video on the internet
    -->http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
    -->NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.
    -->See it all at http://www.seedsv.com/products.htm
    -->Sharpvision simply the best http://www.seedsv.com
    -->

    Many thanks. I will report back.
    Goodwill,
    Luke
    -->
    -->
    -->"Luke O'Malley" <> wrote in message
    -->news:1wHWe.3081$...
    -->> When I try to use regedit the below msg comes up. You are
    -->offered
    -->> the option to 'Close' or 'Ignore'. You can actually only close.
    -->>

    Luke O'Malley, Sep 21, 2005
  4. In article l4IWe.2624$,
    "pcbutts1" <> said:
    -->
    -->
[...]

    Mr PC Butts1,

    You have healed my computer! I am very grateful. It was driving me
    crazy - in my case it is just a gentle putt!

    Goodwill,
    Luke
    Luke O'Malley, Sep 21, 2005