    I have no idea but lot of keywords in IE forced to link to "ntsearch.com"...
    and this override the original link in websites.
    any idea to get rid of this?

    AT, Jun 10, 2004

  2. AT

    a Guest

    In article <ca92pc$hp2$>, says...
    > anyone have the same problem...
    > I have no idea but lot of keywords in IE forced to link to "ntsearch.com"...
    > and this override the original link in websites.
    > any idea to get rid of this?

    Sounds like a old fashioned browser hijack.
    Give Spybot Search and Destroy a crack...

    http://www.spybot.info/

    and ditch Internut Exploder..

    a, Jun 10, 2004

  3. AT

    Patrick Bold Guest

    Patrick Bold, Jun 10, 2004
  4. AT

    Howard Guest

    Howard, Jun 11, 2004
  5. In article <SI8yc.851$>,
    says...
    > Patrick Bold wrote:
    >
    > >> and ditch Internut Exploder...

    > > Nah, just learn how to protect your machine.

    > Patrick, pray do tell, how are IE users supposed to protect their machines?

    Use Mozilla

    Patrick Dunford, Jun 11, 2004
  6. AT

    Patrick Bold Guest

    "Howard" <> wrote in message
    > Patrick Bold wrote:
    >
    > >> and ditch Internut Exploder...

    > > Nah, just learn how to protect your machine.

    > Patrick, pray do tell, how are IE users supposed to protect their

    machines?

    Approaching every security issue in an hysterical manner as if they all
    entailed catastrophic consequences is no help. So get a grip. I assume
    we're talking here about the pesky kind of IE hijackings that this
    thread began with. In which case routine maintenance with tools designed
    to detect or block spyware/malware -- some freely available (like
    HijackThis, for example) -- will certainly get the job done.

    > http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php?id=117316298&eid=-255
    >
    > http://secunia.com/product/11/

    > I guess they would be safer if the used IE without scripting, but

    thats no
    > fun.

    This is a completely different issue, but if you need advice on how to
    avoid scripting hazards there is plenty of good information around about
    that as well. Tens of millions of users safely navigate the web every
    day -- using a little common sense, you can too.

    > Just use Firefox and be done with it.
    > http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/

    To each their own.

    Patrick Bold, Jun 11, 2004
  7. In article <>, says...
    > "Howard" <> wrote in message

    > > > Nah, just learn how to protect your machine.

    > > Patrick, pray do tell, how are IE users supposed to protect their

    > machines?
    >
    > Approaching every security issue in an hysterical manner as if they all
    > entailed catastrophic consequences is no help. So get a grip. I assume
    > we're talking here about the pesky kind of IE hijackings that this
    > thread began with. In which case routine maintenance with tools designed
    > to detect or block spyware/malware -- some freely available (like
    > HijackThis, for example) -- will certainly get the job done.
    >

    > > http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php?id=117316298&eid=-255
    > >
    > > http://secunia.com/product/11/

    > > I guess they would be safer if the used IE without scripting, but

    > thats no
    > > fun.

    > This is a completely different issue, but if you need advice on how to
    > avoid scripting hazards there is plenty of good information around about
    > that as well. Tens of millions of users safely navigate the web every
    > day -- using a little common sense, you can too.
    >

    > > Just use Firefox and be done with it.
    > > http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/
    > >

    > To each their own.

    It's not hysteria, it's common sense. A lot of those people you talk
    about are either at risk, or have turned off features like Javascript and
    ActiveX controls to avoid the risks, or use some other browser.

    Patrick Dunford, Jun 12, 2004