    PAL country). I don't know if it is possible to play NTSC DVD's, and if
    I have to upgrade the firmware...
    Thanks!

    Al, Jan 9, 2006

  2. Al

    Martik Guest

    "Al" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hello,
    > I own a Sony DRU-710A Double Layer DVD-RW (bought 1 year ago, mine is a
    > PAL country). I don't know if it is possible to play NTSC DVD's, and if
    > I have to upgrade the firmware...
    > Thanks!

    Should not be a problem I use both on mine, pop one in and see if it works.

    Martik, Jan 9, 2006

  3. Al

    fred-bloggs Guest

    "Al" <> wrote in news:1136666377.807639.104200
    @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > Hello,
    > I own a Sony DRU-710A Double Layer DVD-RW (bought 1 year ago, mine is a
    > PAL country). I don't know if it is possible to play NTSC DVD's, and if
    > I have to upgrade the firmware...
    > Thanks!

    You may have problems with the region code. Use VLC to play
    http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

    --
    fred

    fred-bloggs, Jan 9, 2006
  4. Al

    Al Guest

    fred-bloggs wrote:
    > "Al" <> wrote in news:1136666377.807639.104200
    > @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
    >
    > > Hello,
    > > I own a Sony DRU-710A Double Layer DVD-RW (bought 1 year ago, mine is a
    > > PAL country). I don't know if it is possible to play NTSC DVD's, and if
    > > I have to upgrade the firmware...
    > > Thanks!
    > >

    > You may have problems with the region code. Use VLC to play
    > http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
    >
    > --
    > fred

    The problem is that I suppose I can't deal with the problem onto my DVD
    Player to watch at TV. Can I? Because at PC I could use some software
    Thanks

    Al, Jan 9, 2006
  5. Al

    fred-bloggs Guest

    "Al" <> wrote in

    > fred-bloggs wrote:
    >> "Al" <> wrote in news:1136666377.807639.104200
    >> @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
    >>
    >> > Hello,
    >> > I own a Sony DRU-710A Double Layer DVD-RW (bought 1 year ago, mine
    >> > is a PAL country). I don't know if it is possible to play NTSC
    >> > DVD's, and if I have to upgrade the firmware...
    >> > Thanks!
    >> >

    >> You may have problems with the region code. Use VLC to play
    >> http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
    >>
    >> --
    >> fred

    > The problem is that I suppose I can't deal with the problem onto my
    > DVD Player to watch at TV. Can I? Because at PC I could use some
    > software Thanks

    Check here
    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks
    to see if your DVD player can be made region free.

    --
    fred

    fred-bloggs, Jan 9, 2006
  6. Al

    Piper Guest

    Will this turn a Pal into a Ntsc?
    My farscapes all say ' no playback due to area limits'
    piper

    Piper, Jan 9, 2006
  7. Al

    Al Guest

    So once the Region problem is solved, I should look at the
    compatibility with my PAL TV, ? Don't know if I can assume my samsung
    m-405 DVD player is able to play ntsf and convert it to pseudopal signal

    Al, Jan 9, 2006
  8. Al

    fred-bloggs Guest

    "Piper" <> wrote in

    > "fred-bloggs" <> wrote in message
    >> "Al" <> wrote in news:1136666377.807639.104200
    >> @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:
    >>
    >> > Hello,
    >> > I own a Sony DRU-710A Double Layer DVD-RW (bought 1 year ago, mine
    >> > is a PAL country). I don't know if it is possible to play NTSC
    >> > DVD's, and if I have to upgrade the firmware...
    >> > Thanks!
    >> >

    >> You may have problems with the region code. Use VLC to play
    >> http://www.videolan.org/vlc/
    >>

    > Will this turn a Pal into a Ntsc?

    DVDs play on a PC regardless of PAL/NTSC.

    http://www.dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html#1.10

    --
    fred

    fred-bloggs, Jan 9, 2006
  9. Al

    fred-bloggs Guest

    "Al" <> wrote in news:1136840158.645718.117970
    @g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

    > So once the Region problem is solved, I should look at the
    > compatibility with my PAL TV, ? Don't know if I can assume my samsung
    > m-405 DVD player is able to play ntsf and convert it to pseudopal signal

    http://www.dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html#1.19
    NTSC discs (with Dolby Digital audio) play on over 95% of DVD systems
    worldwide. PAL discs play on very few players outside of PAL countries.

    --
    fred

    fred-bloggs, Jan 9, 2006
  10. Al

    Al Guest

    Thx, I'll buy some classical music NTSC DVD's from Amazon.com although
    I should try to burn a video file with my computer DVD-RW into NTSC
    format to check whether it works or not (I may assume NTFS from my RW
    is similar to professional DVD's)

    Al, Jan 9, 2006
  11. Al

    Al Guest

    Apart from burning an NTFS DVD on my DVD-RW, is there any option to do
    so with a specific region (eg. region 1)?

    Al, Jan 9, 2006
  12. Al

    Piper Guest

    > DVDs play on a PC regardless of PAL/NTSC.
    >
    > > My farscapes all say ' no playback due to area limits'

    > http://www.dvddemystified.com/dvdfaq.html#1.10
    >
    > --
    > fred

    Yes, i know it will play on the computer no matter the region but i need to
    move them to my dvd player.
    thanks for the link , i will read it.
    piper

    Piper, Jan 10, 2006
  13. Al

    fred-bloggs Guest

    "Al" <> wrote in news:1136848820.843568.156870
    @o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

    > Apart from burning an NTFS DVD on my DVD-RW, is there any option to do
    > so with a specific region (eg. region 1)?

    No, only commercial DVDs are encumbered with region codes

    --
    fred

    fred-bloggs, Jan 10, 2006