    I am wondering if somebody could tell me how i can see hashed NTP MD5 key in cisco router.
    and how they are hashed .. sometimes you see them hashed and some time in clear text.

    ntp authentication-key md5 XXXXXXX
    orielrose, Jul 21, 2010

  2. orielrose

    adeelasher

    Joined:
    Jun 29, 2009
    Messages:
    19
    Key String

    Yes it is possible to view key type 7.

    ntp authentication-key 1 md5 13061E010803 7

    !

    Router(config)#key chain TEST
    Router(config-keychain)#key 1
    Router(config-keychain-key)#key-string 7 13061E010803
    end
    !

    Router#show key chain TEST
    Key-chain TEST:
    key 1 -- text "cisco" accept lifetime (always valid) - (always valid) [valid now]
    send lifetime (always valid) - (always valid) [valid now]
    adeelasher, Dec 28, 2010

  3. orielrose

    alma111

    Joined: