    Please advise.

    Thanks,
    Scott Crabb

    Scott Crabb, Aug 5, 2004

  2. Scott Crabb

    Bob Goddard Guest

    Scott Crabb wrote:

    > I have loaded the Windows 2000 ntp server software port of the Unix
    > code from NTP.org onto a server and I'm having trouble getting Cisco
    > devices to accept time. On the Cisco device it will say that time is
    > synchronized, however, the time shown is not the same time that is on
    > the NTP server. Should I allow a certain amount of time to elapse for
    > synchronization to occur or am I just missing something here? I have
    > both Netware and other NT boxes getting time from this source. I
    > don't think it should be this difficult.

    Have you accounted for the time difference from GMT/UTC?

    Bob Goddard, Aug 5, 2004

  3. Scott Crabb

    none Guest

    What NTP statements do you have in your router?

    Here's a sample from mine for Eastern US...

    clock timezone EST -5
    clock summer-time EDT recurring
    ntp clock-period 17179830
    ntp server x.x.x.x

    none, Aug 5, 2004
  4. Note that you do NOT set the "ntp clock-period" value. IOS automagically
    inserts the correct value for your particular platform into the config. If
    I'm not mistaken, setting this value manually can lead to problems with NTP
    staying in synch.

    Cletus

    Cletus Van Damme, Aug 6, 2004
  5. Scott Crabb

    Dave Katz Guest

    "Cletus Van Damme" <> writes:

    > Note that you do NOT set the "ntp clock-period" value. IOS automagically
    > inserts the correct value for your particular platform into the config. If
    > I'm not mistaken, setting this value manually can lead to problems with NTP
    > staying in synch.

    This is true.

    Dave Katz, Aug 6, 2004
  6. Scott Crabb

    none Guest

    True - Cisco says...

    "The ntp clock-period command is added automatically to jump-start the NTP
    frequency compensation when the box is rebooted. (Do not configure this
    command manually.) This is essentially a representation of the frequency of
    the crystal used as the local timebase, and may take several days to
    calculate otherwise. Do a write mem after a week or so to save a good
    value."

    none, Aug 6, 2004