    XP pro x86 on one and x64 on the other.

    e Pluribus Unum

    Gaius Octavius (Augustus)
    Gaius Octavius, Aug 8, 2005

  2. You need to load the latest F6 Drivers for one of those drives.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa, Aug 8, 2005

  3. Aren't those drivers for a Raid Configuration?

    Gaius Octavius, Aug 8, 2005
  4. Not always, F6 installs drivers for hard drive controllers that arent
    included in the base product. They dont have to be RAID controllers, and
    with the avaialbility of SATA for most home users now this is becoming a
    more common question.
    Joseph Conway [MSFT], Aug 8, 2005
  5. OK, but these are IDE drives.
    Would one load the 64 bit IDE drivers at F6 or am I missing something here?

    Gaius Octavius, Aug 8, 2005
  6. It should just detect the IDE Drive without any issues.

    Andre Da Costa, Aug 8, 2005
  7. Yes!! Help?!?! My system hangs there at that message. I don't don't have a
    recovery disk because I was too stinkin lazy and now have this mess. I
    thought I could get to the revovery console but the CD hangs with another
    'corrupt' file. Also it ignores the 'F6' prompt, had 64bit Silicon Image
    RAID driver ready.
    By chance I have a second x64 disk and gives the same error; both disks are
    pristine. Tried two other CD/DVD ROMs in case that might have been it. The
    system had been running like a champ.

    1x Maxtor DM10 250 x64 edition
    3x Maxtor DM10 250

    Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
    Corsair DDR550
    AMD X64 3000
    Even with extra cooling, these drives will overheat. They run too damn hot.
    =?Utf-8?B?UGF0cmljayBTaGVwaGVyZA==?=, Aug 28, 2005
  8. Gaius Octavius

    John Barnes Guest

    Good luck my friend. That motherboard and anything other than a standard
    SATA I and you are playing in the twilight zone. I believe that has a SATA
    I interface, but several SATA II features, like NCQ.

    "Patrick Shepherd" <> wrote in
    message news:...

    John Barnes, Aug 29, 2005