    service; is this temporary or is it likely to be the norm?.

    Anyone with same problem?

    John

    John, Sep 22, 2003

  2. John

    Petit Alexi Guest

    "John" <> wrote in news:eek:LCbb.1828$%G1.1296@newsfep4-
    winn.server.ntli.net:

    > NG,
    >
    > I am experiencing VERY,VERY slow connection on my 24/7 Dial Up Ntlworld
    > service; is this temporary or is it likely to be the norm?.
    >
    > Anyone with same problem?

    Most ISPs have a "server status" page that lets you know if they are having
    problems. Perhaps they are just undergoing maintenance; or perhaps they
    are being DOSed by swen32.

    Also, it is NTL and NTL sux0rs donkey "ears"[1]

    [1] Ears is a euphamism.

    Petit Alexi, Sep 22, 2003

  3. John

    Patrick Guest

    Petit Alexi wrote:
    > "John" <> wrote in
    > news:eek:LCbb.1828$%G1.1296@newsfep4- winn.server.ntli.net:
    >
    >> NG,
    >>
    >> I am experiencing VERY,VERY slow connection on my 24/7 Dial Up
    >> Ntlworld service; is this temporary or is it likely to be the norm?.
    >>
    >> Anyone with same problem?

    > Most ISPs have a "server status" page that lets you know if they are
    > having problems. Perhaps they are just undergoing maintenance; or
    > perhaps they are being DOSed by swen32.
    >
    > Also, it is NTL and NTL sux0rs donkey "ears"[1]
    >

    > [1] Ears is a euphamism.

    euph*e*mism

    A euphemism is a word or phrase that is used in place of a disagreeable or
    offensive term. When a phrase becomes a euphemism, its literal meaning is
    often pushed aside. The process of coining euphemisms is called taboo
    deformation.

    Patrick, Sep 22, 2003
  4. John

    Petit Alexi Guest

    "Patrick" <> wrote in

    > Petit Alexi wrote:
    >>
    >> [1] Ears is a euphamism.

    > euph*e*mism
    >
    > A euphemism is a word or phrase that is used in place of a
    > disagreeable or offensive term. When a phrase becomes a euphemism, its
    > literal meaning is often pushed aside. The process of coining
    > euphemisms is called taboo deformation.

    I am grateful for the corecction, and further information.

    Petit Alexi, Sep 22, 2003
  5. John

    Patrick Guest

    Petit Alexi wrote:
    > "Patrick" <> wrote in
    >
    >> Petit Alexi wrote:
    >>>
    >>> [1] Ears is a euphamism.

    >> euph*e*mism
    >>
    >> A euphemism is a word or phrase that is used in place of a
    >> disagreeable or offensive term. When a phrase becomes a euphemism,
    >> its literal meaning is often pushed aside. The process of coining
    >> euphemisms is called taboo deformation.

    > I am grateful for the corecction, and further information.

    correction (noun) -
    1. the act of offering an improvement to replace a mistake; setting right
    Synonyms: rectification

    Patrick, Sep 22, 2003
  6. John

    why? Guest

    On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 14:28:44 +0100, John wrote:

    No need to SHOUT in the subject line.

    >NG,
    >
    >I am experiencing VERY,VERY slow connection on my 24/7 Dial Up Ntlworld

    That's very informative. Do you have any figures before/after Kbps?

    >service; is this temporary or is it likely to be the norm?.

    Check with NTL.

    >Anyone with same problem?

    NTL user forums and status page link.
    http://www.nthellworld.com/

    Me

    why?, Sep 22, 2003
  7. John

    trout Guest

    Patrick wrote:

    > Petit Alexi wrote:
    >> "Patrick" <> wrote in

    >>> euph*e*mism
    >>>
    >>> A euphemism is a word or phrase that is used in place of a
    >>> disagreeable or offensive term. When a phrase becomes a euphemism,
    >>> its literal meaning is often pushed aside. The process of coining
    >>> euphemisms is called taboo deformation.

    >> I am grateful for the corecction, and further information.

    > correction (noun) -
    > 1. the act of offering an improvement to replace a mistake; setting
    > right Synonyms: rectification

    picayune (adjective):
    1. (informal terms) small and of little importance
    Synonyms:
    fiddling
    footling
    lilliputian
    little
    niggling
    petty
    piddling
    trivial
    --
    "Also see 'annoying'."

    trout, Sep 23, 2003
  8. John

    Petit Alexi Guest

    "trout" <> wrote in news:bko1nt$3uum9$1@ID-
    179272.news.uni-berlin.de:

    > Patrick wrote:
    >
    >> Petit Alexi wrote:
    >>> "Patrick" <> wrote in

    >>> I am grateful for the corecction, and further information.

    >> correction (noun) -
    >> 1. the act of offering an improvement to replace a mistake; setting
    >> right Synonyms: rectification

    > picayune (adjective):
    > 1. (informal terms) small and of little importance
    > Synonyms:
    > fiddling
    > footling
    > lilliputian
    > little
    > niggling
    > petty
    > piddling
    > trivial

    Shhh, we could have kept that going for a hundred and one posts.

    Petit Alexi, Sep 23, 2003