    not. Even if this isnt the problem i would like to re-unite the system and
    boot volumes onto the one drive, is this possible?

    Any help on these 2 questions would be great, Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?Tm9zYWo=?=, Jul 19, 2005

  2. Your problem sounds similar to a problem Pier James had, read this to see if
    it is of any assistance:
    I think the problem I had is pretty unique to my setup but here goes anyway:

    I have a an IBM IDE drive and a Maxtor SATA drive. The BIOS views the cards
    as IDE 1 Master and IDE 3 Master respectively. When I installed the Maxtor
    drive recently, I ghosted my XP32 installation across from the old hard
    disk, and told the BIOS to boot from the Maxtor drive first.

    The x64 installation put the "ntldr" and other boot files on the IBM drive,
    as it saw that as the C drive, even though I was installing Windows to
    another partition on the Maxtor drive. All I had to do was access my BIOS
    boot menu and choose to boot of the IBM drive and then pick x64 from the
    list.

    I'm sure that had I installed WinXP 32 from fresh with same configuration,
    the I would have had the same problem, but because I used Ghost and had
    instructed my BIOS to boot from the Maxtor drive everything worked. I think
    what I encountered is normal behaviour for a clean install.

    HTH.
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 19, 2005