    Michael Guest

    HELP PLEASE MY LAPTOP HAS DEVELOPED THIS ERROR AT BOOTUP.

    mike

    Michael, Jul 26, 2006

  2. Michael

    Guest

    , Jul 26, 2006

  3. Michael

    beenthere Guest

    "Michael" <pel@> wrote in message
    news:44c7bc4e$0$22134$...
    > HELP PLEASE MY LAPTOP HAS DEVELOPED THIS ERROR AT BOOTUP.
    >
    > mike

    Stick your XP CD in, and do a System Repair.

    beenthere, Jul 26, 2006
  4. Michael

    Toolman Tim Guest

    beenthere wrote:
    > "Michael" <pel@> wrote in message
    >> HELP PLEASE MY LAPTOP HAS DEVELOPED THIS ERROR AT BOOTUP.
    >>
    >> mike

    > Stick your XP CD in, and do a System Repair.

    Before doing that, I'd suggest running the Recovery Console and execute
    chkdsk /f.

    And Pennywise's suggestion for FIXBOOT is good too.

    If that doesn't work, I'd go back into the Recovery Console and copying the
    NTLDR file from the CD (\I386\ntldr) to the C:\ folder.

    Still not working? Here's an interesting web site:
    http://www.tinyempire.com/shortnotes/files/ntldr_missing.htm

    If that still doesn't work, then I'd do the system repair. After a system
    repair, all Windows Updates have to be reinstalled.

    Toolman Tim, Jul 27, 2006